*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Associate
I got mine direct from Samsung, scheduled for 3rd October delivery on the call but I've got an email saying its been shipped, so expecting it a bit sooner maybe.

If they aren't taking the old ones back, I was just wondering what to do with the 'faulty' unit. Mine doesn't get hot and I think it would be useful as a backup phone as long as Samsung don't totally brick it with a future firmware update.

Soldato
I almost bought an iPhone 7 plus today, but I held out as despite all the recall business I really love the S-Pen, looks like it might be another month of waiting though!!

I had the poo ready for your letterbox if you had :p

Get on the phone and have moan seems to work for some worth a try

Last edited:
Soldato
I got mine direct from Samsung, scheduled for 3rd October delivery on the call but I've got an email saying its been shipped, so expecting it a bit sooner maybe.

If they aren't taking the old ones back, I was just wondering what to do with the 'faulty' unit. Mine doesn't get hot and I think it would be useful as a backup phone as long as Samsung don't totally brick it with a future firmware update.

I've given mine to my son(17) to use for now

I shall be keeping the accessorises as a danger payment :)

Soldato
Gave mine into CPW today, on pre-order for a black with expected date of 26th October.

SHOCKING, not sure where i stand with compensation, i'm paying a contract that has the phone cost subsidised within it, and have no phone. But it's with EE via CPW and a Samsung issue, so can imagine i'll get pushed around the houses.

Oh well, back to the Z3 for 4-5 weeks :( :(

Soldato
Gave mine into CPW today, on pre-order for a black with expected date of 26th October.

SHOCKING, not sure where i stand with compensation, i'm paying a contract that has the phone cost subsidised within it, and have no phone. But it's with EE via CPW and a Samsung issue, so can imagine i'll get pushed around the houses.

Oh well, back to the Z3 for 4-5 weeks :( :(

Friend of mine got his replaced on vodafone via cpw last week

he had a good moan to cpw by phone got £50 put back on his debit card and also an LED care and 64mb Samsung sd card foc

Soldato
Called up EE today for the second replacement handset (*one for wife and one for dad) and it will be delivered tomorrow. Don't know why they didn't call me up like they did the first replacement if they had them in stock all this time.

Having spent time with both S7E and Note 7, I much prefer the Note 7 from both nicer hardware and little software updates.

Associate
Brought mine into CPW today, after being assured on Friday that I would have a replacement in my maulers on Tues.

Got told 28th of October at the earliest. Opted for full refund. In January, the GN7 will have dropped in price, or wait until S8.

All too badly handled by Sammy and CPW - bring it in, don't bother, bring it in and I guarantee a replacement in 24 hours - oops. Dropping the juice to 60%, side-step to 80%. Oh, and no Gear VR for online sim-free people. Why?

It's been a right mess, shame though, it really is a beautiful phone.

Soldato
Brought mine into CPW today, after being assured on Friday that I would have a replacement in my maulers on Tues.

Got told 28th of October at the earliest. Opted for full refund. In January, the GN7 will have dropped in price, or wait until S8.

All too badly handled by Sammy and CPW - bring it in, don't bother, bring it in and I guarantee a replacement in 24 hours - oops. Dropping the juice to 60%, side-step to 80%. Oh, and no Gear VR for online sim-free people. Why?

Same here, spent 90 mins in currys cpw yesterday to be told their system won't accept the authorisation code. Several calls to customer and retail support and in the meantime I had factory reset my note 7 only to be offered a £10 Nokia loaner. At the end they asked me to come back another time as they were extremely busy and the system should be accepting the code tomorrow. So I left no wiser, with my phone wiped and rather frustrated that two visits to cpw shops still had me holding the same bloody phone. Resorted to Twitter and have had a couple of comms with someone but not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Don
Email a complaint. I had lots of problems mainly down to some mix up between CPW and Vodafone but the store were great with me to be fair.

HAz

HAz

Soldato

I complained to the cpw facebook team and they are sending me a vr out

Associate
Hi guys, just registered onto this site and i've been following this thread since the whole Note 7 issue started. Here's my story......

I was one of the first 1000 to recieve my pre-ordered N7 with Gear VR etc. directly from Samsung. Recieved my phone on the 30th Aug and within the same day it started bricking and restarting itself every 5 mins and the phone got real hot during charge. Also the S-pen got stuck the first time i slid it back into the phone. I had to hit the bottom of the phone on the table to wedge it back out each time after that. Returned the phone back on the 31st in the pre-paid envelope hoping for a replacement and have seen nothing so far.

Made numerous calls to Samsung and none of them know what's going on, different stories and pack of lies each time so i gave up until i recieved an e-mail last week stating my order has been shipped. Called Samsung again about the shipment and they told me their system is sending our ERROR'd e-mails as the orders have not been shipped yet and told me to ignore them. Now i been told i will recieve my replacement by 3th of October next week LOL......won't be holding my breath.

I would have asked for a refund long time ago but i have invested so much on N7 accessories, now i am forced to stick to N7 until it's replaced. Bought 4 cases worth £100.00, wireless fast charger £40, half a dozen USB C type cables for car and in home usage. Samsung phones have never let me down since the first S1 and i am glad i held onto my S6 edge plus, was very close to selling it just before the N7 came out.

Overall conclusion: Samsung's services is the worst i have come accross so far and they ****** up on N7 real bad.

Soldato
I had to get my delivery changed to today as I remembered I was away at a wedding yesterday... just called Samsung to find out if it was still arriving today and was informed that they had an issue with their computers and "thousands of orders got stuck".

I mentioned I had received the dispatch email and the lady said "no you didn't" to which I pulled up the email and read it out to her word for word. She has now manually arranged a phone to be delivered tomorrow but kept saying "should" so I asked if it was a "maybe" or "definite". Apparently I am definitely getting my replacement tomorrow... and now I am hoping I get sent 2 ;)

Associate
I just called them to see where my replacement is after getting a 'shipped' email on the 24th. Apparently this was an error and I'll be getting the replacement on the original agreed date of 3rd October. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom