Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Need to upgrade from my ageing 5s and was thinking of buying a 6s or 7 out right and going sim only as it seems to work out cheaper in the long run. If you had a 5s would you upgrade to a 6s instead of a 7 going by the current issues with the new 7s or would you just go with the latest offering?

Go with the newest you can afford...

There aren't really that many issues with the 7!

Soldato
Thanks mate, think I will go for a 7 then. If they come back into stock in my nearest store soon I'll try and pick one up and trade my 5s in as well. Think you can still get around £95 for them in store which will take a little of the price.

I think sometimes you can just read to much about new things like these phones and you end up getting drawn into people's issues with the phone itself and assume they are faults when in actual fact they are just opinions. My fault really!

Soldato
Thanks mate, think I will go for a 7 then. If they come back into stock in my nearest store soon I'll try and pick one up and trade my 5s in as well. Think you can still get around £95 for them in store which will take a little of the price.

I think sometimes you can just read to much about new things like these phones and you end up getting drawn into people's issues with the phone itself and assume they are faults when in actual fact they are just opinions. My fault really!

The 7 have Coil whine and it's a problem, why you or anyone would pay £600 on a phone which is known to have an issue is beyond me.

I'd wait until they are confirmed fixed otherwise you will be swapping them constantly trying to get one with no coil whine.

Soldato
So what sort of % are we talking about that record that horrible noise on the videos? I am thinking its most units with the good ones more than likely owners that dont care.
Probably should cancel my pre order :(

Suspended
Need to upgrade from my ageing 5s and was thinking of buying a 6s or 7 out right and going sim only as it seems to work out cheaper in the long run. If you had a 5s would you upgrade to a 6s instead of a 7 going by the current issues with the new 7s or would you just go with the latest offering?

If I got any it would be the SE. Best phone in their line-up. Great classic design.

Soldato
I'll ask the same. Did he say anything more about the issue? The guy I spoke to on Friday said it was a known issue and for now are gathering info until a formal decision is made on what to do with the fault

He agreed it was a hardware fault however

The first line support had no idea what was going on, and were asking me the usual "have you restarted/updated/etc" questions. They passed me over to a "senior" quickly though who was hugely helpful.

She didn't say anything specifically about it being a known issue or not, but she offered me a replacement almost immediately, so I'm sure they're aware of it.

Soldato
So what sort of % are we talking about that record that horrible noise on the videos? I am thinking its most units with the good ones more than likely owners that dont care.

I honestly think it's quite prevalent. It's quite a niche issue so most people won't notice it or happy to live with it. If the videos were okay I may live with it but all the videos sound absolutely terrible with that metallic sound. Ruins most videos.

I'm going to speak to AppleCare tomorrow as per above as fed up just getting replacements in store all with the same issue.

At work a few guys have the 7+ too and guess what they all have it as well.

Man of Honour
No idea what's happening with mine. Dispatch email from Apple on Saturday, saying it'll deliver on the 4th. :confused:

I had to contact DHL yesterday for a working tracking number, who say they haven't picked it up from Apple yet.

No change on the tracking this morning.

Really hope I don't have to wait till the 4th.

Soldato
I honestly think it's quite prevalent. It's quite a niche issue so most people won't notice it or happy to live with it. If the videos were okay I may live with it but all the videos sound absolutely terrible with that metallic sound. Ruins most videos.

I'm going to speak to AppleCare tomorrow as per above as fed up just getting replacements in store all with the same issue.

At work a few guys have the 7+ too and guess what they all have it as well.

Hmm not good. Think the Google pixel announcement is soon so going to cancel my order and see what that brings and go from there :)

Commissario
Mine makes a slight noise. I can hear it if I hold the phone to my ear in a quiet environment. It's not something I normally do. I've made a couple of quick videos to try and the noise of stuff happening on the video covers any odd sound that I can tell. Often videos I make using phone footage are combinations of stills with some live action thrown in and no original sound. For me, this isn't a great issue but can understand why it's a concern for some.

Soldato
The first line support had no idea what was going on, and were asking me the usual "have you restarted/updated/etc" questions. They passed me over to a "senior" quickly though who was hugely helpful.

She didn't say anything specifically about it being a known issue or not, but she offered me a replacement almost immediately, so I'm sure they're aware of it.

Spoke them this morning. The guy I spoke to is going to get back to me. He was aware of the issue but I also said I don't want to waste time with replacements if it will just happen again.

They are going to see what they can do, whatever that means

Soldato
November is going to be a LONG wait...sigh.
Keep watching videos, matte black is gorgeous Apple know how to make a good looking phone!

So in terms of this coil whine stuff, I'm new to Apple products If my iPhone has a coil whine am I able to just go into the Apple store and swap it out?
Don't wanna have to go through the whole returns and refund process If theres an easier way.

Keeping in mind my phones not from the Apple store.

That is ridiculous, November? For what model? Or is that when you can upgrade?

Soldato

You can always take the phone back to an Apple store after delivery if you decide not to go with it, I wouldn't cancel it until AFTER the Pixel announcement. Otherwise you're right back at the back of the queue if you decide to go with an iPhone after all.

And I can't really hear the noise unless it's taking a video of a silent scene and the volume is maxed out, I'm not sure I care enough to return tbh

Soldato
You can always take the phone back to an Apple store after delivery if you decide not to go with it, I wouldn't cancel it until AFTER the Pixel announcement. Otherwise you're right back at the back of the queue if you decide to go with an iPhone after all.

And I can't really hear the noise unless it's taking a video of a silent scene and the volume is maxed out, I'm not sure I care enough to return tbh

Hmm good idea :) My pre order is with 3 but guess I have a 14 day window to cancel a contract with them?

Back
Top Bottom