******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I'm I currently don't have the game installed, it was just something that really annoyed me. What is g-safe and why is it a thing?

Darkening of the screen is in all flight sims, including Star Citizen. I'm not sure why you would think it wouldn't have it in?

G-Safe reduces the blackout by limiting the about of force applied to the ship.

Either slow down or don't turn so hard.

Soldato
Darkening of the screen is in all flight sims, including Star Citizen. I'm not sure why you would think it wouldn't have it in?

G-Safe reduces the blackout by limiting the about of force applied to the ship.

Either slow down or don't turn so hard.

Because with the technology that they have you would have thought that this would not be an issue anymore :p

Caporegime
@Allnames'.... that looks so bad-ass... awesome :D
------------

New rules after that Evocati leak.

Basically the NDA remains enforced, aside from stating testing has started.

I hope there are no more leaks, i hope they caught the #######

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize...rule_revision_and_clarification_avocados_and/

Don't post restricted Evocati information.
When an Evocati testing session begins, information about it may not be posted until one month after the end of the session in question. Exceptions to the rule include posting the fact that an Evocati session has started, and very basic information regarding the Evocati session theme (e.g. "Balance is being redone." or "3.0 Evocati testing has begun").

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitize...vision_and_clarification_avocados_and/d83dmax

Most things that happen in an avocado session will carry over into the PTU and consequently be allowed to be shared. The month clause is for those few things that the developers might choose to remove from a patch, or decide to keep secret for the time being.

It would partially defeat the purpose of the avocados to allow everything to be revealed at the end of a session, but we don't want things to say secret for very long periods of time.

In regards to the giveaway thing, these guidelines only effect posts that are advertising or mainly about giveaways. It would not cover events where the community got together to help others or charities. Simply advertising a giveaway doesn't contribute to this community.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some interesting articles on Kotaku UK today the most balanced being:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/23/inside-the-troubled-development-of-star-citizen

Definitely worth a read but probably confirms what a lot of us have been thinking over the last couple of years in terms of progress

Great read, a little on the negative side but overall points were well established and discussed.

It is interesting to hear about the Cryengine issues, I like the engine but its obvious it was always going to be a mess to work on.

There are a lot of good people working on the game so there is that, but ultimately as stated in the article a fun game and not a tech piece needs to be the end result..and that is left to be seen.

Soldato
Some of the backers in this game on the RSI forums make me cringe.

They are SO AGAINST the universe being a partially player driven sandbox that they would rather CIG severely limit player ability to influence things or influence other players and have it like a theme park where you are on a linear journey so that there fun is not ruined.

Absolutely ridiculous, these people need to learn from Elite.

There are people against the ideas of having a partially player driven economy.. why? Nothing wrong with that.... we may have industrial players who build and develop in game assets who will sell to the market to generate income. This will obviously affect the economy a la supply/demand.

Eve's economy for example but less so.

There are so many god damn good suggestions that just get shot down by complete carebears on the forums its frightening.

If we are forced to have a pvp/pve slider for example I will not play.

Back
Top Bottom