Living with a 'Plus' on a daily basis?

Associate
Currently have a 6s 128gb, and can 'side' grade to a 6s+ 128gb for virtuall no cost (Fuel cost).

Always fancied a Plus, but there has always been that nagging feeling that it'd be too big on a daily basis in normal use.

I know a lot of peeps on here love there plus models, but if you could do it all again would you still go plus rather than standard?

Soldato
Moved from a 5S to a 6S+ when it came out. The 6S+ now feels entirely normal, the only "issue" being using 3D Touch one-handed to switch apps.

The battery life is insanely good, and the extra display real estate makes the display more viable for reading documents and doing work on the rare occassions that I need to on the device (i.e. SSH with Prompt).

It doesn't feel like a phablet, just a big iPhone. This may or may not be a good thing.

Associate
Moved from a 5S to a 6S+ when it came out. The 6S+ now feels entirely normal, the only "issue" being using 3D Touch one-handed to switch apps.

The battery life is insanely good, and the extra display real estate makes the display more viable for reading documents and doing work on the rare occassions that I need to on the device (i.e. SSH with Prompt).

It doesn't feel like a phablet, just a big iPhone. This may or may not be a good thing.

Sums it up really, i have just had my 7 plus 2 days and i am loving the size(upgraded from 6). Battery life and screen size are just brilliant. Wouldn't go back to smaller fone.

Soldato
Not an iPhone plus owner but I've owned the Note through to Note 4 and the Nexus 6. I've moved back to a smaller 5.2 inch phone now (Z5).

If your job involves lot's off moving around, between desks, in and out of a car etc and you need to take the phone out of your pocket when sitting down then it can be inconvenient. Until the 6+ iPhone users would also comment and make jokes about large phones, thankfully that's not an issue anymore now Apple do it.

Associate
Currently have a 6s 128gb, and can 'side' grade to a 6s+ 128gb for virtuall no cost (Fuel cost).

Always fancied a Plus, but there has always been that nagging feeling that it'd be too big on a daily basis in normal use.

I know a lot of peeps on here love there plus models, but if you could do it all again would you still go plus rather than standard?

I got the 6 on launch day and regretted getting it after a few months. I picked up my first plus phone, the 7 2 days ago and I got used to it in less than a day.

Bigger battery and screen = never going back.

Soldato
I upgraded from a 6 to a 7+. It doesn't feel any different in day to day usage. The bigger phone still fits in my pocket, isn't too heavy and is easy to use with both hands which is how I normally use my phone. The bigger screen and longer battery is great. I reckon I'd struggle going back to a smaller phone.

Associate
I've had the 6S and the 6S+ and love the extra screen size, I don't have a tablet so I use my phone for everything, unless I have to use my PC or MAC, It doesn't take long to get used to the screen size. But then a work colleague tried it and didn't like it, complained it was to big for his girly hands and went back to the normal size.

Soldato
Bare in mind the 6s plus is has quite a large body for a 5.5" Screen at Screen-to-body ratio: 67.91 %

Try pop in to a shop to have a hold of one before you commit to buying

Soldato
All depends on what you use the phone for.

There's no denying that the Plus is more cumbersome. You'll see people saying "it's fine, don't worry" but the fact remains that it's far more bulky when in tight pockets.

If you need the extra size because you do a lot of browsing or video watching or whatever then fine but, if you don't then there's little point in having the bigger model IMO.

Don
I have a 6 Plus and have just ordered a 7 Plus. The size is fine for me as I spend the vast majority of my time looking at web pages etc. I wouldn't have a smaller phone now.
If I spent more time on the phone or was in a situation where I needed to keep it in jeans pocket all the time then I would say that it's too big.

Associate
I went plus for the 6 and whilst it's bigger, the HD screen, better battery and initially better battery it was a no brainer. If you use your phone as a sat nav, then again, it's simply brilliant.

I couldn't go back to a 4'7 display!

Give the plus a try, you have a return period.

Soldato
I went from a 6 to 7+ and don't regret it at all. It does feel significantly larger and took a little getting used to but as others have said, the extra battery life and larger screen makes it much nicer. I also love you can use the phone sideways even from the home screen.

Never thought I'd like it originally but I doubt i'd go back down in size.

Associate
I've moved to a 7 plus too, and tbh my 6s work phone feels small in comparison.

It is a large phone, but perfectly usable for me and fits comfortably in suit or jean pockets no problem.

Soldato
I'm still using a 6+, and have been for just about two years. I like the screen area, but I feel like the phone is too big, and I miss smaller phone sizes. Before the 6 plus, I had a 4S, and that felt like the perfect size to me.

I think my next upgrade may be the non-plus size.

Back
Top Bottom