** macOS Sierra / OS X 10.12 **

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date
Soldato
Currently Im finding Sierra to be the best yet since Yosemite, when I bought my iMac.

Ive only had apple mail issues, but I think Ive solved that problem.

It seems so much more stable, I even had time machine do a backup to my external hdd in sleep mode, thats a first!

Not had any beachballs yet like I was getting on el cap (touch wood).

And Ive gained nearly 10gb of space!, I had about 463gb free on el capitan, with Sierra I have 472gb. not quite sure where I gained the extra.:cool:

If anything I have noticed it takes longer to wake from sleep? it was more or less instant on el cap, now when I click the trackpad to wake it, it seems to take a good 4-5 secs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone here use a Wacom tablet?

Mine's become unusable since updating to Sierra. Basically it's not registering mouse clicks, so you think you're clicking on something and 1/3 of the time it will work, 1/3 of the time it will do nothing and 1/3 of the time it will register as a right click…

It's very frustrating. The Wacom diagnostic tool is showing the correct pressure etc. on the tablet, and it was working fine before the upgrade, so it definitely seems like a communication issue with Sierra.

I've seen a few articles saying that Razor and Logitec mice aren't working, so maybe this is related.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Soldato
Anyone else having problems using the Apple Watch unlock feature?? Can't get it to work, tried everything including a guide on Apple's website too!

If the option is there but it's just not auto unlocking, try logging out and back into iCloud, that sorted it for me.

Though be aware it only works if the computer wakes from sleep, not th initial login.

Soldato
Anyway to perminantly force the mac to allow install software from anywhere on this ? It's really annoying I can't just select allow software from anywhere when I have lots to install.

Also it says all my DMG's are corrupt...and they are not at all - I tried to google the fix there is no 'allow from anywhere' option - uggh :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Anyway to perminantly force the mac to allow install software from anywhere on this ? It's really annoying I can't just select allow software from anywhere when I have lots to install.

Also it says all my DMG's are corrupt...and they are not at all - I tried to google the fix there is no 'allow from anywhere' option - uggh :(

Here's the Terminal code to disable the check. Use "enable" to turn it back on.

Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable

Associate
So I just got a notification to upgrade to Sierra but all it says in the App Store is 'downloaded' with no option to actually install it. What gives?

Associate
Gone back to Yosemite on my 2011 Macbook Air, it didn't like el cap, and doesn't like Sierra.

Fan would run full blast after browsing for a few minutes and really hot underneath. even tried a clean install?

Back
Top Bottom