Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yes, because everyone hears it when you upload the video to YouTube!

This hissing thing really concerns me, was about to recommend a 7 and 7 Plus to family, but I really think I should wait it out to see what comes of this.

Man of Honour
Can you check if you have the hiss from the back and if you record a silent room in video, can you hear a constant buzz on playback?

I'll try tonight if I remember.

First thoughts:

Not worth an upgrade from the 6S +. Still contemplating returning it.
New home button is nice. Odd, but nice.
Camera is noticeably better.
Screen a touch brighter and better colours. But you'd be hard pushed to notice unless looking for it.
Matt black looks fantastic.

Apart from that it feels like I'm using my old iPhone.

Edit.

The new leather case is superb, the metal buttons are a great touch.

Last edited:

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Mine said 10th October, then went to dispatched but still 10th October, then suddenly changed to 27/9 and arrived 28/9. So it's a bit random but you shouldn't be waiting too long!

Soldato
Mine seems to be pretty impressive. It's been off charge since 9am and used fairly heavily including about half an hour of calls, lots of background email stuff and about 30 mins of Thomas Was Alone and I'm at 80%.

Got to say the aux/charge thing in the car was very easy to solve.

One of these did it so now I've gone from an issue whereby I couldn't charge and listen to music to only being able to do both at the same time lol.

https://griffintechnology.com/intl/...th-autopilot-controls-and-lightning-connector

Soldato
Mine seems to be pretty impressive. It's been off charge since 9am and used fairly heavily including about half an hour of calls, lots of background email stuff and about 30 mins of Thomas Was Alone and I'm at 80%.

Got to say the aux/charge thing in the car was very easy to solve.

One of these did it so now I've gone from an issue whereby I couldn't charge and listen to music to only being able to do both at the same time lol.

https://griffintechnology.com/intl/...th-autopilot-controls-and-lightning-connector

That's a pretty cool bit of kit.

Soldato
Got mine, video hiss present.

Audio quality via lightning to 3.5mm much improved on my senheisers so definitely some better DAC stage somewhere

For my car I use a 30pin to Aux cable adapter, then used a 30 pin to lightning adapter. The quality of the audio was clearly better, the bass was so much more crisper at high volumes. I haven't started using the adapter that came with my 7+ yet but hopefully it is the same.

Soldato
Just had a moment which made me very happy about the Plus size. Just watched latest episode of south park on my break and the 7+ is actually a fantastic size for viewing content on. Chuffed.

Associate
Seriously I have tried recording on other iPhones and iPads at home, they all have the same thing iPhone 5c and iPad 3 mini. What's everyone talking about?

Man of Honour
I've just done back to back between my 6S Plus and 7 Plus, there's more hiss on the 7 but not much, surely it's just the better speakers?

Back
Top Bottom