***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;30044379 said:
My mate fixed it, he literally had to reinstall windows!

I was thinking this was the solution to be honest, I just couldn't be bothered.

I'll probably be upgrading soonish as my 2500k & 290x are getting a little dated.

Glad it sorted your mate's though.

Associate
I've been thinking of getting ARMA 3 but I am a bit worried about my system specs; 2500K @ 4.2ghz, R390 and 8gb ram @ 1080p resolution ~ will this be sufficient to run the game reasonably well (estimated gfx quality and fps)?

Also can anyone point me in the right direction to find a well priced key for the game? The cheapest I've found is £25 but as I'm a tight **** I'd like to pay less for a 3 year old game!

Soldato
I've been thinking of getting ARMA 3 but I am a bit worried about my system specs; 2500K @ 4.2ghz, R390 and 8gb ram @ 1080p resolution ~ will this be sufficient to run the game reasonably well (estimated gfx quality and fps)?

Also can anyone point me in the right direction to find a well priced key for the game? The cheapest I've found is £25 but as I'm a tight **** I'd like to pay less for a 3 year old game!

Do not let the age fool you.

This is not a "release and done" developer.

The fixes and additions since launch make it a different game.

Soldato
Don't get too excited. It's really only going to stabilise the fps on larger/longer missions not increase fps.

Yeah, that's fine with me, I'm running at 4K ultra settings so I don't get huge jumps in fps, it's normally fairly smooth but I do get them annoying loading stutters which a bit more memory might solve. I tried running on low settings yesterday and I got the same fps roughly but just didn't get them loading stutters.

Soldato
64 bit arma came out a few days ago btw, i havent had a memory leak or crash since so i guess its fixed the instability issues, fps is same as ever but its a lot more pleasant playing without all the memory problems.

Associate

Most of the game modes are server bound, you will be fine

Soldato
Did you go into arma 3 forums and click on a thread, strange it wont work for me, even tried in a incognito windows, thx for checking for me, cheers

HTTP 500 error
That’s odd… the website can’t display this page

The site may be undergoing maintenance or could have a programming error.

Try this

Last edited:
Associate
i think arma 3 you play with real people but you play against bots... whats the point of that?. that sucks. you want the real experience and play with everyone

Associate
Last night I returned to Arma3 for the first time since June, and was sad to see that there’s hardly any well-populated servers left.

Epoch had one server with over 40 players, with the next highest populated only having low twenties.

Exile was better represented, but still only a shadow of its former self.

I think the open world survival genre is on its deathbed, which is such a shame in my opinion.

Koth and Wasteland I’m yet to invest time into, but while there’s still populated survival servers open, I will always find myself hitting them before the team battle mods.

I’ve never gotten into the Life role playing mods, nor will I likely ever do so.

I’d love it if Epoch picked up again, but I don’t see it happening, not without a famous streamer/youtuber doing a series on it.

Is there anything new for A3 survival mods in the pipeline?

Back
Top Bottom