Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Soldato
Trying to apply the ICC profile linked for this monitor however it simply will not add itself into my Color Management profiles.

Any suggestions?

Exact same problem. Was working a couple of weeks back but I got a new rig and went to install this a couple of days ago and the profile wont add..Odd.

Soldato
Just saw your Trust message Xire. Yeah I got this working, there was a bit more faffing about than I originally thought. Off the top of my head I can't remember which options I had to go through, but I will check for you and post in here when I get back from work.

Legend.

Soldato
What sort of games are people playing on this monitor? I'm also interested to see how it compares to an Acer Predator XB271HU. Are there any comparison shots of the IPS panels vs this TN panel.

I assume with the colour correction applied, colours are looking a lot better?

Interested at looking at one of these to accompany a GTX 1070. I'll be playing WoW and AAA titles. Also some Overwatch.

Soldato
What sort of games are people playing on this monitor? I'm also interested to see how it compares to an Acer Predator XB271HU. Are there any comparison shots of the IPS panels vs this TN panel.

I assume with the colour correction applied, colours are looking a lot better?

Interested at looking at one of these to accompany a GTX 1070. I'll be playing WoW and AAA titles. Also some Overwatch.

Ive come from a 1080p TN BENQ panel and play similar games and honestly the difference is like night and day. Im also running a 1070. So glad I decided to buy one!

Soldato
I'm trying to find a comparison shot of a similar WoW UI in 1440p and 1080p. Struggling to find one sadly. Mainly so I see how much space I gain for UI elements.

What are the viewing angles like on the S2716DG? What is Overclockers dead-pixel policy like?

Associate
@ Xire

So for my ICC profile;

Went to Color Management, Advanced tab, after double clicking the profile on my desktop I changed Device Profile to 'DELL S2716DG Coloour Profile,D6500'.

Went to Change System Defaults on same tab, where the ICC profile then showed up, changed the same Device Profile setting in the new window (which looks exactly the same as the normal Color Management window except this one also says System Defaults.

Seemed to work for me.

Soldato
@ Xire

So for my ICC profile;

Went to Color Management, Advanced tab, after double clicking the profile on my desktop I changed Device Profile to 'DELL S2716DG Coloour Profile,D6500'.

Went to Change System Defaults on same tab, where the ICC profile then showed up, changed the same Device Profile setting in the new window (which looks exactly the same as the normal Color Management window except this one also says System Defaults.

Seemed to work for me.

I love you.

Associate
Wow, I am impress with this monitor.

I didn't think the colour be this great on a TN panel, my last monitor came with a VA panel.

I tried a Benq 144hz monitor with a TN panel 2 years ago, I was not impress with it wand returned straight away.

Associate
Looking to check my sanity with you guys. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my refurb A01 or I've been spoilt by my previous ultrasharp IPS U2412M which I've had at home and at work for years. I don't believe I've ever used a TN panel before. There are few things I'm not happy with.

I feel like I can see the scan lines (particularly horizontally) on the screen on most light colours. This is even when I run the built in screentest, particularly on the grey and the white coloured card. This is not the thing people report where they see horizontal lines during explosions in games, it's constant.

Most smaller text doesn't appear sharp, particularly the Windows 10 system tray and the text within the Nvidia control panel. I have the res set correctly to 2560x1400 and I've tried DPI scaled to 100% and 125%. I've also tried the DPI fix I've seen googling round the web which uses the Win 8 method instead. If I read for example this forum on the monitor my eyes quickly get fatigued.

Finally, either the screen is noisy in some colours or the backlight is slightly flickering, I can't really tell.

I've tried plugging my U2412M via the same DP cable and everything seems fine on that monitor. I've also used HDMI out my gfx card and it seems the same. Am I going mental or is this a getting used to a 1400P TN thing?

Man of Honour
Never seen any horizontal lines or screendoor/interleaving type artefacts on my S2716DG at all so far.

That sounds a lot like the symptoms I had with my first Asus version of the panel when it started to fail.

Associate
I've finally worked out the problem, the very left hand of the screen is in focus and sharp and the other isn't. I can literally drag a window with text in across the screen and watch it go from sharp to blurry. This RMA will be my third panel, might call it a day if that one has a problem too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've finally worked out the problem, the very left hand of the screen is in focus and sharp and the other isn't. I can literally drag a window with text in across the screen and watch it go from sharp to blurry. This RMA will be my third panel, might call it a day if that one has a problem too.

From this post and all the reactions of other owners it looks like you just got extremely unlucky...:(

Man of Honour
From this post and all the reactions of other owners it looks like you just got extremely unlucky...:(

Unfortunately its a known issue with the panel used - the Asus version had serious problems (I'd say probably atleast 60% of the Asus version will develop that fault within 4-12 months based on the info I have unfortunately don't sell the Dell one at work) with it - I'm hoping Dell has resolved it with the A02 and A03 variants :S

Associate
S2716DG

I finally started the ball rolling have ordered a confirmed A03 version that I collect tomorrow so fingers crossed lol. Btw do I need to but a DP cable as well .

Man of Honour
I just got a DP cable included with mine I think - would have to double check but I don't remember a HDMI cable - got a decent DP cable though - not like the junk that came with my Asus PG278Q.

Back
Top Bottom