Google Pixel and Pixel XL

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Plenty roms will be available its still Android after all easily customised to suit.

Root will break some apps that rely on being unrooted for security reasons. This is the single reason I stopped rooting new phones due to some of my apps not working when they detect root, and no workaround to bypass root detection being 100% reliable.

I'm now much more content with a Galaxy device like the S7, stick Good Lock on, stick Nova Launcher on and you may as well slap a Nexus sticker on the back and enjoy the extra bells and whistles.

Last edited:
Soldato
Iphone7+ will do bokeh camera tricks and has a pressure sensitive screen, nothing google used hasn't been on phones nearly half the price. fast charging is also suspected to reduce the lifespan of the battery. £100 less and i'd probably have gone for it.

Force touch? Gimmick if I ever saw one. Fake bokeh? meh.

OLED and fast charging are 2 features worth have compared to the 2 you mentioned.

Associate
With things still being up in the air regarding the Note 7 and it still not being on sale for the second time round & now the price of the pixel phones, looks like I will be skipping this year's phones and keeping my 6p for a while longer!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I might just go and grab a Nexus 5x.

It should be eligible for Android 8 right?

Does the two year cut off include the last year or not?

The Nexus 5 came with Android 4.4 and is now on 6.0.1 so presumably the 5x came with 6 and will be upgradable to 8 as the last OS version?

Associate
Wonder who their target market is. They don't cover themselves in glory with advertisements, and with these prices won't peeps likely just buy Samsung or iPhone?
Those who would have bought this will probably go for the OP3 now as it's usually for the developing/modding section. The SGS7 can't be rooted/have a custom ROM installed without voiding the warranty/making permanent changes so I doubt they'll go for them.

Associate
Those who would have bought this will probably go for the OP3 now as it's usually for the developing/modding section. The SGS7 can't be rooted/have a custom ROM installed without voiding the warranty/making permanent changes so I doubt they'll go for them.

That was kinda my point. They're clearly not aiming at regular folk, only tech peeps would have likely brought this, but given its pricing they've just put people off.

Soldato
I might just go and grab a Nexus 5x.

It should be eligible for Android 8 right?

Does the two year cut off include the last year or not?

The Nexus 5 came with Android 4.4 and is now on 6.0.1 so presumably the 5x came with 6 and will be upgradable to 8 as the last OS version?

Yes it should get the update.

Caporegime
You get ota updates every week and they make solid phones, don't knock some thing until you have tried it, that's why they are the 4th biggest phone maker in the world because they make junk.:rolleyes:

Yet they've barely penetrated UK and Europe. Coldplay are one of the biggest bands in the world, doesn't stop them from being utter dross.

Caporegime
Wonder who their target market is. They don't cover themselves in glory with advertisements, and with these prices won't peeps likely just buy Samsung or iPhone?

Given the choice, personally I would still take a pixel over those 2. Good software FTW! :p :D :cool:

Did they announce anything related to the older phones getting the pixel launcher?

apk will probably be leaked, besides, nova will still be far superior in every way and probably get some of the features added soon enough....

Back
Top Bottom