***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Caporegime
Just a quick vat making scheme by the sounds of it. Though I don't understand the 2ml tank idea.

The big issue now, is everyone will just import from outside the EU.

Soldato
Just a quick vat making scheme by the sounds of it.
Jucies will be taxed as tobacco products, even if they contain no nicotine. Same idea as the US, although they're extending it to cover any vaping paraphernalia, including batteries - Fine in a laptop, but the instant you chuck it in a vape it becomes a tobacco product!!

Though I don't understand the 2ml tank idea.
Smaller tank means you're not tempted to use as much... some weird psychology thing that clearly isn't going to work.

The big issue now, is everyone will just import from outside the EU.
NEIN, NEIN, DAS IST VERBOTEN!!!!!
Juices must be UK-made, or they are illegal... several US premium brands are even setting up facilities over here so they can continue to sell to us.

Soldato
Different tanks like different wattages with different liquids... that's why you have variable wattage on mods.
I generally find I'm happy a few watts below the stated range.
My Nautilus Mini only gets 9.5w through it and that's still enough to chuck some notable clouds for an MTL tank!

Horror stories?
Like what? I've never heard any...
The 1.0 ohm is OK and I'm actually using one now, but the best for MTL is the 0.6, IMO. 0.5 is entry-level SubOhm for the newbies who are just starting to experiment, while the higher ones are just so dull they're only suitable for the occasional 'social' vaper type.

I might try lowering below 12W, 12 is the lowest the coil the specifies

Google Cubis, there are loads of comments across loads of forums and youtube etc regarding dodgy coils lasting a day, dry hits and gurgling

My mate has the original Cubis and on the sub ohm coils he says he drinks more than he vapes

I do really want to try one but all of that put me off and I ended up with the protank 4, regret it now though

Soldato
What's the difference between vaping at 20w and 30w on a box limited to 40w if the juice is exactly the same together with the airflow? Shorter battery life and a warmer vape or is there more to it? 0.6 coil

Soldato
Darth vaper with my new fat boi glass :)

Getting ahead of new regs haha

20161004_153554.jpg

Soldato
Google Cubis, there are loads of comments across loads of forums and youtube etc regarding dodgy coils lasting a day, dry hits and gurgling
I did - A lot of early problems from people with new coils, often the 'first batch' type. Problems ceased as Mfr tweaked the manufacturing process to achieve consistently better mass-production machining.
Absolutely nothing I've not heard (and sometimes experienced myself) with most other pre-built coils, both MTL and SubOhm...

These days most of those issues have been resolved. The few that persist are generally down to user error; dragging too hard, over-chaining, overheating the tank, crossthreading, losing O-rings, overtightening threads, not priming coils...

Maybe I'm just very very lucky, but I've been a Cubis user from pretty much Day One and have had no problems that I haven't easily resolved. Occasionally a coil won't last me quite the 14-day average, but that's mass-made coils for you.

I do really want to try one but all of that put me off and I ended up with the protank 4, regret it now though
I have seven or eight tanks that I've tried and either not gotten on with, or just since found something better than. That's just the way it goes.
The only stuff I've really decided was a waste of money was when I bought Kangertech gear.

What's the difference between vaping at 20w and 30w on a box limited to 40w if the juice is exactly the same together with the airflow? Shorter battery life and a warmer vape or is there more to it? 0.6 coil
More vapour, stronger hit, hotter hit, more nicotine, potentially headaches, coughing, nausea and dizziness... ?
If your airflow and your dragging aren't sufficient, you're also risking choking/flooding the coil and burning the wick.

Soldato
Ok I'll take your word for it and try and pick one up to toy around with
You do get different coils to try, so try them all. Likely you'll find one you like and the others will be pants.
The Cubis Pro and Cubis Mini come with about four different coils, although I ultimately preferred the 0.6 in just the standard Cubis.

Bags of choice and options to find you the perfect vape, really!

Soldato
Another tasty recipe:

Mellow Berry Mallow:
2% Bilberry FA
3% Raspberry FA
2.5% Strawberry Shisha INW (or Strawberry FA)
2.5% Marshmallow FA

Simple and delicious. I haven't found much use for bilberry since it's a bit too bitter, but the marshmallow really sweetens it up nicely. Could probably reduce all the %'s (try 1.5/2/2/2%?) but I'm loving this in my Kayfun V5 :)

Associate
New Jackamoo order arrived, couple of new flavours:
Waffleicious - His take on Pancake Man I think - Nice, not 100% on this yet, but won't go to waste.
Lemon Heaven - Lemon Curd Tart - Really Good, wont last long.
Massive Melons - Clone of Mega Melons - Again really good.
Along with my usual faves Scream and Rocketman.

Apparently Wafflelicious is not a Pancake Man clone and a new flavour invented by Terry.

Last edited:
Don
OP
After a couple of days with the Goblin Mini V3 I can safely say that after two false starts, Youde have knocked it out of the park with this one. It doesn't leak, is super easy to build on, easy to fill, and looks good. The flavour is excellent too.
I'm using the single coil deck with a 26/32 SS316L clapton 6 wraps over 2.5mm for 0.5 Ohms. Running nicely at 40W.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
After a couple of days with the Goblin Mini V3 I can safely say that after two false starts, Youde have knocked it out of the park with this one. It doesn't leak, is super easy to build on, easy to fill, and looks good. The flavour is excellent too.
I'm using the single coil deck with a 26/32 SS316L clapton 6 wraps over 2.5mm for 0.5 Ohms. Running nicely at 40W.

Mine's starting playing up and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I keep getting 'no atomiser found' on my Wismec devices, but it only seems to happen when the juice flow is OFF.

I'll then manage to get it working but then after a couple of pulls I get a 'shorted' message.

I tried it on my Vaporshark which seems to work better, but the resistance is fluctuating all over the place.

I've double checked that the grub screws are tight which they are so I can only assume that I've got a dodgy one and it's shorting somewhere.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Check the o-rings that insulate the build deck from the housing. You might have one fouled or something.

I'll check tonight, Rilot - thanks for that.

If that's what the issue is I'll be annoyed at myself! Although I'm pretty sure when I checked yesterday there wasn't an o-ring present.

Would you be able to grab a photo if possible? Just so I'm looking at the right bit.

Cheers!

Soldato
Thanks, its strange that you MTL on a Sub Ohm coil though, I'll have to see how that works
Part of it is the wire used for the build, but it's more about how tight the coil is, as in how much air it lets through. Everything 0.6 and above has quite a tight draw, so fits well with MTL. The 0.6 gives you a fairly open draw, but you can close the airflow down if it's that little bit too much and not choke the coil, whereas the tighter ones only open so far.
The 0.5 is wide open (by comparison) so you can get a big lung draw... but not massive like a Cleito. More suitable for someone's first steps in lung hits, really.

...and if too low this is when you can get the dry hit?
No, that's more when it's set REALLY high, or when your juice is too thick for the coil you're using and it doesn't wick in fast enough to keep the cotton from burning.

Airflow helps keep the coil cooled, but some MTL tanks also use that airflow to create a bit of a vacuum and pull juice in to keep the coil wet.
If you don't drag hard enough to clear the vapour and pull new juice in, you burn the coil. If you drag too hard you can flood the coil.

Soldato
Well the wotofo ice cubed was a disaster. Chamber section was very loose on the deck once the oring got a bit of juice on it, been falling off all day, got home, emptied my pockets to find my mod with just the deck and the rest of the Atty missing :(

Permabanned
Having my first hiccup with Gear Best :( I have been lucky for a year.

Ordered a Pico for the other halfs mother, said I usually get mine 8-10 days this one was in stock then kept changing to 'due to ship (date)' this keeps changing and I ordered it on the 26th :(

Pahh....

Back
Top Bottom