What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
Anyone ever used this shop before.

https://www.precisiontime.co.uk/longines-l36954196-hydroconquest-watch.html

Looking to buy a red bezel hydroconqest soon. Like both the white and black dial models. Though the latter is £790.00 in uk retailers. Heard from a friend on fb that the place in the link may be selling refurbs, or they're a grey market outfit so servicing through authorized longines dealers in the UK could be an issue.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
She wanted to go to Australia, but held off until next year (she wanted to relax and her mate over there is having a breakdown, I said it won't be relaxing until she sorts herself out. ) and so she's like Oh, so you can have a watch but I can't go on holiday.
Comparing pineapples and loafers, as they do.

And I like it, so :p

Associate
I love wearing my PAM351 but I have it as a daily wear now and it is starting to look tired. I need to look into getting it reconditioned at some point.

Soldato
I love wearing my PAM351 but I have it as a daily wear now and it is starting to look tired. I need to look into getting it reconditioned at some point.

How big are your wrists? I've been eyeing up one of the Panerai-style Getat watches but was concerned a 44mm might be a bit big on my 6.75" wrists.

Not much into watches, and my only proper watch has been a Citizen Eco-Drive which has a much smaller case.

Soldato
How big are your wrists? I've been eyeing up one of the Panerai-style Getat watches but was concerned a 44mm might be a bit big on my 6.75" wrists.

Not much into watches, and my only proper watch has been a Citizen Eco-Drive which has a much smaller case.

It's really worth going somewhere to try one on, if you can. Fit on a wrist is so much more than just about case diameter, such as case thickness, lug style and measurement etc.

Soldato
So after shouting at me, she's said I can't spend 5k on a watch. I might be able to do 2.5k and get away with it. I basically never bought myself a 30th present from her, yet she deems 5-6k ridiculous lol
Yet comprimise, I think I can get something for about 2.5k... I really like the Tudor blackbay.

Any others around that price? I've had a seamaster, wasn't a massive fan of it. Was the Brosnan blue bezel. Quite the the Omega AT... I'm open to suggestions though!

E: this one: http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Tudor/Heritage Black Bay/79220N/31429/item/74103
Particularly nice.

Soldato
I do rather like the Heritage Black Bay.

One thing I've learnt with watches is that if I don't go for the one I've always wanted, I'll spend money on ones that appeal less in the meantime, whilst still wanting the one I've always wanted! The end result is actually more money spent than if I'd just gone for the one I wanted most in the first place.

Buy big (in terms of your wants) or don't buy at all.

Can you put that 2.5k aside, and just keep topping it up to get the PAM?

Back
Top Bottom