Honeymoon Suggestions

Associate
So me and my partner are thinking about wedding ideas and it has got us thinking about honeymoon locations. We love the idea of lovely sandy beaches, clear water and top quality food and drink all included.

We have come up with the following places but cant make our minds up

Maldives
Jamaica
Mauritius
Mexico

You get the idea. The problem is we love the idea of calm and quiet adult time but also like the idea of partying and going on excursions etc. So was looking for others opinions and experiences of their travels for a honeymoon or wedding. Anything that will fit the criteria. Oh and as for value thats not an issue right now, just want ideas :D

Cheers

Associate
I enjoyed the Maldives, went there for my honeymoon. Loved the island resorts setup. Easy, relaxing place to visit. No regrets

Soldato
We went to the island Kauai in Hawaii, beautiful place, we had a great time. Been to the Maldives and loved the place but beware there is nothing to do but sailing, diving and island hopping so your requirement of partying is out of the question.

Mexico out of the ones you listed would be your best bet. Stay down in the Riviera Maya, loads of excursions like Tulum, Chichen Itza, Xel Ha and cenotes etc. had a fantastic time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Maldives.
There is no other place like it on earth and once you've been you will sneer at all other destinations.
There are crap islands that you won't enjoy too much and ones that you will fall in love with and never want to leave so choose the one that fits you carefully.

Associate
OP
St Lucia is out of the question but thanks for the suggestion. As for time of year we were thinking around August, I have been told the Maldives is tropical rain at this time of year. The place does look amazing but the lack of "stuff to do" is holding us back.

Caporegime
Went to mauritius for my honeymoon. Never been to anywhere so over rated and cliche. The money would have been better spent on a the best hotel we could find in cyprus. Very friendly place but not for us. Over 20 years holidaying together I think we would both rate it as one of our worst destinations.

Soldato
St Lucia is out of the question but thanks for the suggestion. As for time of year we were thinking around August, I have been told the Maldives is tropical rain at this time of year. The place does look amazing but the lack of "stuff to do" is holding us back.

Why is St Lucia out of the question (if it's alright asking of course!)?

Associate
I'd vote Cuba. My wife and I loved it. We stayed at the Paradisus Rio de Oro near Holguin.

Royal service is definitely worth the additional cost.

Permabanned
Bora Bora or the Cook Islands if you can afford it and tolerate the travel. Failing that, the Maldives if you want a luxury paradise type honeymoon. Or, if you fancy island hoping and a bit of an adventure/exploration holiday then Caribbean has it all.

Soldato
Go for a cruise, best decision we made.

+1, we did the same, wine dined and spoiled, with multiple countries, and lots of photo ops.

no riff raff, missus will love getting dressed up for formal nights, dancing,drinking,laughing and no need for taxis.

best decision we have made also, been back every year since on our anniversary.

Soldato
Something different to other suggestions above but for our recent honeymoon we took a road trip, in a mustang of course, up the west coast from LA to San fran before hoping onto a plane to Vegas for a few nights. Highly recommended!

Back
Top Bottom