***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Ah well, the hunt for a decent MTL upgrade continues and another £25 wasted

Can you build? If so... I would highly recommend the vapour giant mini v2.5...
I've many tanks and tired many more.. From ubertoots and hurricanes, I've been lucky enough to own them or used them and pound for pound, considering some of the high end cotton tanks are £140 pounds plus.. And the vg mini is only something like €70.. It's bloody well good. I've used many different peoples and some of them I know can't build for squat and different styles.. And all the vapes are consistent and good.

Wide open its a restricted lung hitter but it can be close right down with different screws to give the right vape. The juice flow control takes some getting used to but it's not rocket science, it's just about playing with it so it's right for the juice and the air flow.

Soldato
I'll check tonight, Rilot - thanks for that.

If that's what the issue is I'll be annoyed at myself! Although I'm pretty sure when I checked yesterday there wasn't an o-ring present.

Would you be able to grab a photo if possible? Just so I'm looking at the right bit.

Cheers!

Ahh I've seen this elsewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP82x6IE6gM

At the time I figured it was his dodgy mod, but now you've mentioned it, I dug a bit deeper. Someone in the comments to that video says it's the spitback guard inside the chimney making contact with the positive post, which makes sense! If you unscrew it (or screw it in further if it's come loose) that may fix your problem!

Soldato
Can you build? If so... I would highly recommend the vapour giant mini v2.5...
I've many tanks and tired many more.. From ubertoots and hurricanes, I've been lucky enough to own them or used them and pound for pound, considering some of the high end cotton tanks are £140 pounds plus.. And the vg mini is only something like €70.. It's bloody well good. I've used many different peoples and some of them I know can't build for squat and different styles.. And all the vapes are consistent and good.

Wide open its a restricted lung hitter but it can be close right down with different screws to give the right vape. The juice flow control takes some getting used to but it's not rocket science, it's just about playing with it so it's right for the juice and the air flow.

Appreciate you taking the time to post but I'm really not into building, not even bothered with my pro tank 4 RBA thing yet. I'm more of a plug and play kind of guy when it comes to vaping

I'm just going to roll with the pro tank 4 for now the coil seems to have improved since I bought it, it still dry hits every now and then but I hope its just a crappy coil I'll keep my eye on new MTL tanks and try a Cubis at some point

Cheers

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Ahh I've seen this elsewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP82x6IE6gM

At the time I figured it was his dodgy mod, but now you've mentioned it, I dug a bit deeper. Someone in the comments to that video says it's the spitback guard inside the chimney making contact with the positive post, which makes sense! If you unscrew it (or screw it in further if it's come loose) that may fix your problem!

I don't have the spitback guard installed mate, that was the first thing I removed when I got it to increase the airflow.

Really stuck on what it could be as I really liked the tank when it worked!

Soldato
Well, after trying every kind of coil combo i can in the vcmt to get a mix of flavour with a high enough resistance to get half decent battery life and a low enough resistance to avoid topping the 7.5v limit on the sigelei before ideal wattage ive decided to grab myself an rx2/3, some batteries and a new charger.

Fingers crossed thatll have the guts to power it, as i understand it doesnt the 2/3 mean you can run 2 batteries if you want? Might be handy for other tanks to allow me to use my current matched pairs

Soldato
You need something a bit nuts like parallel duals or Juggernaut wire for the vcmt.

Get some 22/23awg to parallel with Clapton's, an all ss build, 8-10 wraps over 3mm should run in around 0.1 and vape well under 100w

Soldato
You need something a bit nuts like parallel duals or Juggernaut wire for the vcmt.

Get some 22/23awg to parallel with Clapton's, an all ss build, 8-10 wraps over 3mm should run in around 0.1 and vape well under 100w

I tried twisted 26/32 claptons in it.

Atm i have 26/32 7 wrap quads in there, vaping quite well considering its on the verge of a shortout nightmare

Associate
Ok so I need a bit of help. Been out of the vape game for a while and after loosing my eleaf istick I'm looking for an upgrade. Looking to spend around £60 maybe more.
mind the late night post:)

Don
OP
One of my DNA200s has died. When it goes to sleep after 30 minutes idle it won't wake up again unless connected to power via the USB. It then works fine until it goes to sleep again.
A bit of research tells me that the board will have to back to Evolv but it's well out of warranty now as it was one of the first DNA200 devices on the market. Oh well, will just buy a new board and stick it in.

Associate
One of my DNA200s has died. When it goes to sleep after 30 minutes idle it won't wake up again unless connected to power via the USB. It then works fine until it goes to sleep again.
A bit of research tells me that the board will have to back to Evolv but it's well out of warranty now as it was one of the first DNA200 devices on the market. Oh well, will just buy a new board and stick it in.

Good excuse to replace the board with a DNA250 , same size & mounting apparently.

Soldato
Sorry complete vaping novice here...

Got my new kit: Artery Nugget mod, Nautilus Mini and some Jackamoo juice. I've put it all together and the mod is defaulting to 450F, 50W, 1.87Ohm using the 1.8ohm atomiser that comes with it. First few small pulls(?) are generating a load of quite hot and intense vape with very little effort, more than I was expecting tbh, based on a friends same setup I tried. Am I best reducing the temp or wattage or what?

Thanks!

Don
OP
For starters, Nautilus coils aren't for temperature control. They can be used in power mode only and you want to be running at around 13W.
The coils you've run 50W through will now be junk. Bin them and stick a new one in.

To run temperature mode you need coils that are made of stainless steel, titanium, or ni200. Nautilus coils are kanthal. I'm not aware of any temperature coils for the Nautilus.

Soldato
Oh ok thanks, got it Power Mode now at 11W, 0.00v, 1.87Ohm. I literally only took 2 very tentative short pulls, will this still have trashed the coils? Can I do myself harm getting these wrong?!

Edit: now replaced coil to be safe.

Last edited:
Soldato
My Istick pico and serpent mini arrived today..stealth vape all the way, flavour is good at 30W with 4 wraps of fat tigerwire.

IMG-20161007-WA0004.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom