*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
well it's arrived. I'm still updating it etc but my first impressions are that it's so much easier to hold than the M8. Really happy about that. I want to buy a couple of USB C cables as the one supplied is the only one I have. Are they all the same or do I need a certain type? It's just for work and the car really.

Just wondered how are you getting on with your new toy? hows battery life etc?

Associate
I wasn't saying it was a great deal, just that this phone seems expensive compared to the S7. I've seen it a bit cheaper for a new contract but the EE upgrades I've seen are expensive

That's one of the reasons I've not bought a 10 (sim free). It's too expensive really against maybe an Axon 7, not that you can get one in the UK. Other reasons being the new Google/HTC Pixel/Nexus phones aren't too far away from being announced. If the HTC 10 had been around the £350 mark I may have bought one - or am I totally unrealistic :D I also consider the Samsung S7s too expensive, that and the glass back.

Soldato
Just wondered how are you getting on with your new toy? hows battery life etc?

Sorry, I missed this. I'm more than happy with it. I find the battery fine so far. I haven't managed to run it down during a day yet. I always loved the M8 and this is better in every way (well, apart from the speakers that went from great to fairly good) It's soooo much easier to hold than the M8. I know many people won't be bothered by that or use a case but it always wound me up on the M8, It was like holding onto a block of ice at times. Finger print scanner works great. I've just been looking at last few pages of the S7/S7e thread and the whole thing is people with problems and about returning phones.

No regrets here.

Associate
That's one of the reasons I've not bought a 10 (sim free). It's too expensive really against maybe an Axon 7, not that you can get one in the UK. Other reasons being the new Google/HTC Pixel/Nexus phones aren't too far away from being announced. If the HTC 10 had been around the £350 mark I may have bought one - or am I totally unrealistic :D I also consider the Samsung S7s too expensive, that and the glass back.

In a word, yes ... £350 new is quite a stretch! I'm hoping I can get one for close to £400 in the Black Friday/Christmas sales.

But you're right to say that the 10 was priced too high, particularly as it came out after the S7/S7E and it isn't significantly better. But I'm starting to doubt that the 10 will drop again when the Pixel phones are out (which look like they will also be very expensive) - the current "£100 off" offer which has been going for almost two months will probably become the MSRP.

Last edited:
Associate
In a word, yes ... £350 new is quite a stretch! I'm hoping I can get one for close to £400 in the Black Friday/Christmas sales.

But you're right to say that the 10 was priced too high, particularly as it came out after the S7/S7E and it isn't significantly better. But I'm starting to doubt that the 10 will drop again when the Pixel phones are out (which look like they will also be very expensive) - the current "£100 off" offer which has been going for almost two months will probably become the MSRP.

Well I thought I might be :D If the Pixel phones are expensive then possibly no drop in price unless you are prepared to sit it out .... for a year :eek:

Probably no truth in it and possibly just someone speculating but I read Google may buy HTC. Didn't do Motorola a lot of good is all I'll say.

I have a Moto X Style at the moment. It's not perfect by any means but currently nothing on the market makes me want to sell the Moto.

Soldato
Bit of a thread bump, but has anyone got their HTC One M10 on an O2 Contract?

I'm currently using an HTC One M8 and I'm due for an upgrade in December. I've been very happy with the M8 and the M10 looks like an ideal upgrade, but it's not available through the upgrade shop, and I can't seem to see it available on the O2 Online shop anywhere. Which is a bit annoying. In fact, they only seem to have 3 HTC phones available...Desire 530, Desire 626 and the One A9.

Have they stopped offering the M10 now, or is available by approaching other retailers and staying with O2?

Associate
Some nice deals on Amazon warehouse for damaged boxes if you have Student Prime (20% off).

After the Pixel price nonsense I'm seriously considering OnePlus3 or this. Both are a smidgeon too expensive IMO right now.

Soldato
I looked on EE's store today and HTC 10 is no where to be found, even went on the live chat and got told they don't stock them now. Vodafone and O2 are the same.

Soldato
Managed to pick up one of these for £260 from a colleague in the US who bought a Pixel. He's given me about 4 brand new cases (including the new version of the dot one), 32GB SD card and 2 brand new HTC USB C cables. The bands are slightly different on the US version (No band 9 LTE) but it won't affect UK coverage.

HTC in the US have an 'Uh-Oh' insurance policy which allows you to replace the phone once, so I've got him to do that so I basically get a brand new phone. :)

Soldato
Love this phone. Can't fault it.

I've yet to see another one though.

Agree with this, had no issues since launch and its as fast and smooth as it was then. I normally go for Samsung as I hate on screen buttons,. Had HTC in the past and when this came with off screen buttons was a no brainer.

People always say my S7 doest lag but every single for Samsung phone I have had has lagged after 3 months or so, mainly due to bloat software. No issues on this phone.

Associate
Who is using one still these days?
My Girlfriend has a M8 and its starting to get slow and freezing so maybe looking at one for Christmas.

I see its on offer for Christmas too with £90 off....

Back
Top Bottom