**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
Well after giving up on the Note 7 I'm moving from the Note 4 to the Edge 7.

Got a good contract deal I think £34 a month, free handset, unlimited texts, calls and 4gb data :).

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone having problems with embedded videos on the forum not playing through the Samsung browser after the latest update? I can click through to watch them on youtube but it's a bit of a pain.

Soldato
Well I took the plunge.
First Samsung since the S3 and it is a marked improvement with less bloatware.
I am missing my sony experience though. Sadly the XZ felt very cheap to hold.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I got one too, from the MM, received it this weekend and I do like it.

Coming from the 6P its a nicer size in my pocket.
Good lock installed and feels far nicer than TW. closer to stock Android.
Battery is so much better. Surprisingly so in fact.

Can't help but feel I need a case though....

Man of Honour
That's the one, thanks.

Next question: Do you have a way around things like email subjects being almost impossible to read?

IXn2Yq0.png

I have since learnt that the gmail notification text colour isn't an issue with Good Lock, it's Google themselves. The Gmail app doesn't abide by Google's own design language for font colours in the notification. There is a big revision to Gmail with an all new UI coming sometime in the near future, I guess they are focusing on that,r ather than fixing little bugs that only affect a small number of users.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is weird on battery. At first it was easily as good if not better than my Z3, then after a week or so, its solid but not spectacular and definitely not as good as the Z3. This week, it seems better again. I don't know whats changed (not had an update or anything). It kind of points towards a dodgy app but I've never noticed anything untoward.

I've already noticed this also, apps like BBC iplayer or BBC radio app has crazy battery usage even when you've paused or stopped the stream, if i remember to close the apps after i'm finished the battery is fantastic,

This seems to happen with a few other apps, but ill test and report back

Associate
I just took the plunge with a S7 Edge coming from a S5. It's quite a bit slicker for sure but some little things I just haven't figured out yet.

On the stock email client when I've downloaded emails from the server using my laptop and that clears the mail from the server. The problem is that any emails that were downloaded to my phone remain on the phone even after syncing the phone with the server.

On the S5 that procedure would have removed everything from the phone.

Hope this makes sense and that someone can assist.

Thanks

Associate
That seems grand - just thought it may have been the same issue I had but it doesnt seem so

Does it look like any 1 app is draining your battery?

Man of Honour
For those who have not yet, and use headphones often on the S7, be sure to enable Adapt Sound and run through the setup to tailor the DAC to your ears and earphones. It really makes a sizeable difference, even though the DAC is good by default anyway.

This applies to both Bluetooth and wired earphones.

Soldato
Ive had some new updates, the battery life has gotten better but not as good as it should be, am i missing something ?

Associate
Im the same as above - my batterylife a lot after i uninstalked/force stoped chrome, but i was having the issue wher it would start media server randomly and it was burning through my battery

Back
Top Bottom