Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just about to order a new iphone to replace my 5s, was all set for the 32gb and now i have just started to realize that an extra £100 for 4 times more space seems like a no brainer. I dont upgrade my phone every year more like every 3 years so thinking it might be worth my while. Do you guys think its worth it?

Soldato
If you want a NEW phone it's either iPhone or Pixel and why would you buy a Pixel for the same price as an iphone.

The whole Note thing is proper karma for Samsung's scummy business practices IMO.

I think you need to look at the spec sheets between the S7 edge and the Note 7, they are identical bar a bigger battery in the S7 edge and the pen/USB C in the note. Its not a step backwards, this was a critical point made towards Samsung when the the GN7 was showcased, that it had the same spec.

Soldato
I think you need to look at the spec sheets between the S7 edge and the Note 7, they are identical bar a bigger battery in the S7 edge and the pen/USB C in the note. Its not a step backwards, this was a critical point made towards Samsung when the the GN7 was showcased, that it had the same spec.

Its still a 7 / 8 month old phone though - probably a lot cheaper now but the brand is a bit toxic.

Soldato
To the user its a brand new phone though, its not like its second hand, its this years model etc and the point Im making is that its still the same spec as its bigger brother.
I don't foresee the majority diving from Android neither when it isn't an android problem.

Soldato
To the user its a brand new phone though, its not like its second hand, its this years model etc and the point Im making is that its still the same spec as its bigger brother.
I don't foresee the majority diving from Android neither when it isn't an android problem.

The new one is due out in a few months though.

I dont think it will affect andriod but people will think twice about Samsung.

Associate
don't know if want a plus or non plus or if I want black or to stick with gold.
first world problems.

I like the standard size but a plus would get good for productivity at work

Soldato
The new one is due out in a few months though.

I dont think it will affect android but people will think twice about Samsung.

Deffo will make people think hard about brand loyalty. I have to say I really prefer having the physical home button of the Galaxy/iphone 6/6s etc. Id certainly forego the odd upgrade if I knew I could still have a home button etc.

Don
why? People buy Android devices for the freedom of usage it gives, why would they all flock to ios?

Because there's no other android phone that interests them.

I'm going to be returning my Note 7 shortly and having sold my old Note 5 already, I need to get a replacement ASAP and there's no android that I fancy, leaving me considering ios for the first time in ~10 years. To save me going through the entire thread, could somebody briefly explain the differences between the 7 and 7+ other than just the screen size?

Having had Note's for the past 3-4 years I'd prefer to get the plus but I've been told that I'll struggle to get one of those quickly which will be a pain if CPW insist on me handing my Note back before they reverse my upgrade. If CPW are happy for me to hold onto the Note until the plus comes into stock then great but as a fall back option is the basic iPhone 7 much different other than the obvious?

Man of Honour
OP
I'm going to be returning my Note 7 shortly and having sold my old Note 5 already, I need to get a replacement ASAP and there's no android that I fancy, leaving me considering ios for the first time in ~10 years. To save me going through the entire thread, could somebody briefly explain the differences between the 7 and 7+ other than just the screen size?

Having had Note's for the past 3-4 years I'd prefer to get the plus but I've been told that I'll struggle to get one of those quickly which will be a pain if CPW insist on me handing my Note back before they reverse my upgrade. If CPW are happy for me to hold onto the Note until the plus comes into stock then great but as a fall back option is the basic iPhone 7 much different other than the obvious?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/iphone/iphone-7-vs-iphone-7-plus-comparison-3646264/

They are both very good phones, but I'd go for the Plus if you can. And beware the 'Jet Black' gloss version is a scratch magnet.

Associate
The so called 'short term right to reject goods' and be entitled to a refund is 30 days under the Consumer Rights Act. After that period then the retailer can send the goods for repair if they so choose. If you were just returning the goods because you didn't like them the period is 14 days and the goods must be returned unused and in the same packaging. You also have to inform the company you are rejecting the goods as soon as possible after taking delivery. The HTC is a good phone, why not keep it?

Its a nice phone, mostly well rounded phone tbf kudos to HTC.

It was just a little bit too big for my liking, I much prefer the iPhone 7 size and Im getting not so great battery life. Where as some people I've seen can touch 5-6 hours SOT, I can barely get half some days and I wouldn't say I do anything strenous on the phone.

And I had a problem with the mic/speaker when recording a video and it was getting a little too hot too often for my liking.

Plus I've always wanted to try an iPhone. Nothing else on Android interests me, the Samsung devices never appealed to me and the only other offering that may tempt me would be the Pixel even with the iPhone like price tag.

I've got my iPhone sat here unopened will likely send back for the time being as well as my "repaired" htc 10, maybe I'll stick with the HTC.

If only money grew on trees...legally ;)
Oh yeah its the Euromillions rollover tonight! Lets hope I win.

Last edited:
Don
Permabanned
I managed to pick up a 32Gb 7+ Black on the iPhone Upgrade Programme today. Looked on iStockNow at 10am and it said they were in stock in Meadowhall!

Associate
I want the plus - coming from a Note I don't think I could get used to the smaller screen. I suppose, providing samsung don't brick it, I can just refuse to return my Note until the plus comes into stock.

I'd keep your note 7 or maybe sell online because their prices are getting pretty heavy right now!

Associate
I've got s cheeky question.

As im still waiting for my ee order for my 7+ And I'm not 100% if it's the size i want coming from a 6' Is it possible to buy outright from Apple, use for the 14 days with my ee sim, and return it to them?

It's naughty but it gives me a insight if it's the size for me?

Soldato
Damn, plymouth have a jet black in

Anyone know what the policy is for swapping to a different colour? i got my MB last wednesday

They will let you return or swap no problems - 14 day return period basically no questions asked so at the very least you could get the new one then return the old one

Back
Top Bottom