• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
I am getting BSOD on the latest driver and the previous one. Only thing I can think of is either the Nvidia drivers or the update to anniversary edition of Windows 10, which were both done at roughly same point. Seems to be happening at random, but mostly during youtube fullscreen.

Soldato
Could well be. As I say, hasn't occurred during any games (as yet), and I think only once when the entire system was idle. Every other time (maybe half a dozen times over past week - 10 days) has been during fullscreen youtube videos.

Doubt it is a system stability issue as cpu is at stock (other than XMP selected on RAM) and although there is a slight overclock on gpu it is quite mild and the crashes haven't occurred whilst gpu has been under heavy load.

Soldato
If you want to rule out an OC being the problem remove it and then try. Trying to reason through why you exhibit symptoms of instability and saying it's not the OC because of XY&Z reasons is circular thinking.

THE MOST likely reason why you get instability is DUE to OC's. If you have any, even mild, that's the FIRST place to look.

Soldato
I understand that. The system was 100% fully stable prior to the combination of nvidia driver update and windows anniversary edition though. And I cannot see how a +80mhz on a 1080 that has previously been fully stable at that oc would suddenly start BSOD'ing whilst in a non load situation - believe me I would understand if it was crashing to desktop or bluescreening during gaming loads - then that would suggest a problem with the overclock.

My symptoms do not point in that direction however. And given what I have read regarding WAU, then it certainly points to that having been the culprit.

Soldato
I understand that. The system was 100% fully stable prior to the combination of nvidia driver update and windows anniversary edition though. And I cannot see how a +80mhz on a 1080 that has previously been fully stable at that oc would suddenly start BSOD'ing whilst in a non load situation - believe me I would understand if it was crashing to desktop or bluescreening during gaming loads - then that would suggest a problem with the overclock.

My symptoms do not point in that direction however. And given what I have read regarding WAU, then it certainly points to that having been the culprit.

I thought the same once regarding OC's. I had stress tested the crap out of my 4.5ghz CPU overclock and was happy gaming for 9 months leading up to the release of Win 10. As soon as I upgraded, I was getting BSOD's whilst playing!

It couldn't possibly be the OC I said. How could it? It has been stable for 9 months. Win 10 is just software it runs on top of the hardware which is stable.....

Low and behold, (not surprisingly) it was the overclock.

This is circular thinking. It doesn't matter how you rationalise it. Your pushing the hardware beyond specification. Unless you rule it out by replicating the symptoms at stock you will never know.

I'm not having a go at you by the way. But you get people on here complaining that 'Windows is crap or the GPU manufacturers are crap', when at the end of the day it's the manual overclocking they have done on the system that's the problem.

If your having issues the FIRST place to look is your overclocks.

I bet if you remove them your symptoms will disappear. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Windows did an update and for some reason updayed my driver. I've went to Nvidia website and downloaded the latest which is 373.06. First thing I noticed is that 3DMark stress test won't run, it just crashes when trying to load.

Is this driver (373.06) the usual Nvidia bugfest?
Can I run 365.10 with this new Windows 10 version 14393?

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

DOOM crashes during loading on my 1070 with latest drivers. I have gone back to 372.90

Associate
Only recently got my 1070 and downloaded the latest driver. No problems at all playing witcher 3 on windows 10. That's all I've played so far though.

I came from an old amd card if that makes any difference. Never had any nvidia cards/drivers on this system.

Soldato
[Damien];30094666 said:
Are they ever going to fix the 1080 144hz flickering bug? I'm getting sick of updating only to have to revert back again.

its not just the 1080 sadly.. its an annoying bug. though for me it helps to switch to 120hz and then back to 144hz. The problem stays away until the next reboot/coldboot

Soldato
On the 373.06's with SLI enabled I lose audio via the Displayport at least to my AVR, going to try HDMI (its used for the rift) tonight and then DDU if I have to, seems to be the most buggy release I've had in a while.

Soldato
[Damien];30094666 said:
Are they ever going to fix the 1080 144hz flickering bug? I'm getting sick of updating only to have to revert back again.

Mine did this BIG time (1440p/144hz).

Setting the following in Nvidia Control Panel:
"multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" to Single display performance mode
and...
"Power management mode" to Adaptive

Appears to have sorted the flicker for me. At least for the moment and I've powered the PC on/off a couple of times since then.

Associate
Bought a GT710 to replace a 8800GTS in my HTPC.

Installed 373.06, constant Nvlddmkm Errors (Display driver stopped responding and has recovered) about every hour.

Used DDU just there and went back to 372.70 and testing now to see if resolved.

I tried all the usual fixes on 373.06.

It is on an old 680i Mobo, so maybe that could be the issue

Associate
Im running 3way with 980Ti, and while FPS is no issue, i feel like i could invoke some nvidia inspector tweaks globally which would benefit my gaming experience....but which ones? any help?

Soldato
Ive noticed lately whenever i watch recorded footage from different youtubers that any footage captured from an AMD gpu look a lot less washed out compared to footage capture from a system with a nvidia gpu.. Anyone here knows what that is about? Because im getting the same results on my own system and stock driver installs on my 1070.

Back
Top Bottom