Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Soldato
Any help, Since MS are useless at all support, ive tried there fixes and ive reset store countless times rebooted, logged in and out etc, just trying to pre-load the game not even patch it all i get is "somthing happened our end" what did people do here to fix it?

Soldato
Any help, Since MS are useless at all support, ive tried there fixes and ive reset store countless times rebooted, logged in and out etc, just trying to pre-load the game not even patch it all i get is "somthing happened our end" what did people do here to fix it?

Doing the reset, log in and ensuring you have more than the allocated space. I had problems downloading H3 but not this.
Try going through the Xbox app and not directly the store, search for the game to take you to the store.

Soldato
How did you move it?

settings /system then click on storage and then choose the storage device you have it installed on..find the game in the list of apps &games then left click on it and you should see the option to move it :)

All working again here now for me after all that messing:rolleyes:

Permabanned
Be careful with Insane settings, I think I need another GPU.

Gears%20of%20War%204%2011_10_2016%2020_11_53_zpsmajilflf.png

My 1080 is handling it just fine on insane @3440x1440 ultrawide sexiness :D

Benchmark gets between 54-75 (I have it capped at 75) and Gsync makes it smooth as butter

Last edited:
Associate
Wow....just wow...

This game looks great and plays amazing, very well optimized. It pains me to say it but well done MS lets hope it continues...

Soldato
For me I reset the cache with the WSReset command then logged in again and hit update all on top right. When trying to hit update button beside the game image it wouldnt and then was looking 80GB free on the drive, ARGH!
The Win 10 Store App is terrible, I hope they fix it sooner rather than later.

The game however while some mission are a bit meh, is graphically really good and looks brill with all the excellent shading/lighting. Its great with Phillips Ambilight lots of colour from explosions/lightening/blood splatters filling the room. Im really enjoying it using the XB1S pad with my subwoofers and Buttkickers cranked waay up.

For those who can't install the update and the game is on another drive. Maybe try going into settings and setting install new apps to the drive with the game on.

Maybe windows is thinking the update is a new app and trying to install it on C.

For those having issues with applying the patch...the game doesn't close when you launch the store to download the update. Close the game (alt F4) and the download will start!!

Updated but now when i press play i get the logo but then just a black screen with mouse cursor. Anyone else have this problem?

Give it a few mins, mine was the same

Wow....just wow...

This game looks great and plays amazing, very well optimized. It pains me to say it but well done MS lets hope it continues...

Yup, they've got it right for once. Absolutely stunning!!

Caporegime
For those having issues with applying the patch...the game doesn't close when you launch the store to download the update. Close the game (alt F4) and the download will start!!

Give it a few mins, mine was the same

Mentioned that last page as well, seems weird the game would attempt to update and stay open 0_o

Associate
It seems that I needed at least 160gb of space to install this update.

From the looks of it, it copies your whole game while updating so that's 2x 80gb's of space on the drive that the game is installed on.

At last I can play again.

Back
Top Bottom