*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
We did it in basically three damage rounds last night (despite a captain having a "moment"

Me and the other guys I play with were laughing about that this morning.

fruice: Boys it's in the roof.
Everybody: You what? Shoot the servitor man!
fruice: I CAN'T MY CAPTAIN IS IN THE ROOF.
Everybody: Oh.......... well grab a pillar I guess.

^_^

Associate
Haha, same thing happened to me, ran up to the captain with a sword and he just noped out and glitched in to the wall. Erm guys, my captain is stuck....

Associate
What time will you need to get off? We did it about 1 hour 15 mins or so last night with a few wipes on Aksis but we did all knew the mechanics which helped. So adding some time to explain mechanics and a few wipes that there is bound to be then I would agree with Oweo's estimation of around 2-2 1/2 hours.

As for the exotic quest, monitors 1, 2, 3 and 5 don't add anytime to the overall raid as they are on the way or I could grab them while the fights are being explained. Monitor 4 does add time though, assuming everyone can count correctly :p, only 10-15 minutes at most. So, if I get monitors 1, 2 and 3 then we can see how the time is going when we get to 4.

Right to try and avoid confusion, I think we have

PS4 - WotM Raid NM - 8:30 pm GMT
1 - Midgen
2 - Oweo
3 - Greboth
4 - RedRooster
5 - Shawreyboy
6 -

Am I missing anyone?

Can you add me to the list?? 386 Hunter with Outbreak Prime already. I am on Oweo's friends list. Would be good to play with my OcUK brethren.

Shawreyboy

Soldato
Dear god the grind to 360+ is killing me slowly lol. Currently at 359 and I've grinder sepiks strike about a million times but can't seem to get past the 359 wall I'm at.

I know they have slowed the levelling up a bit, played IB over the weekend but didn't get much in the way of higher light items. Managed to get rank 5 pretty easily but from 350 before IB I managed to get to 355 which isn't a lot if I'm being honest.

Not even raid ready at the moment so I don't want to get into a raid and let my team down. TBH before ROI dropped I was enjoying destiny. Now not so much, in fact it's getting boring and mind numbing lol.

Not sure what else I can do to get levelled up faster, I'm doing the strikes, grinding sepiks and doing whatever quests I have to do.

It's really getting to the point that I may just knock this game on the head and wait for destiny 2. Never has a game annoyed me as much as destiny.

Get in to the raid, unless you get exceptionally lucky with drops you will probably struggle to finish it. Raid drops are at minimum 365 and you should be able to get through archpriest and the death zamboni. If you can get the far then you can also grab all the chests which usually drop legendary engrams which will decrypt at a higher light (up to max 365) with a chance of an exotic from them all too.

I've run through a guide so I know the mechanics. I'll be running my bubblebro at 373.

Any particular weapons to go for? I've got a ton of infusion fuel from IB

Ah, well that will save some time but it still it is easy to grab the screens 1, 2 and 3 on the chance we want to go for it when we get to the fourth.

Weapon wise, a good scout of hand cannon for a primary will see you through the whole raid. Special and heavy are interchangeable - you need something to DPS bosses which I think most people settle for high impact sniper or sleeper. I would say as long as you have one of them equipped you can run whatever in the other slot. Generally I run Scout, Sniper, Gally switching the sniper for a shotgun for the death Zamboni stage.

1 - Midgen
2 - Oweo
3 - Greboth
4 - RedRooster
5 - Shawreyboy
6 - TX maybe?

Associate
Get in to the raid, unless you get exceptionally lucky with drops you will probably struggle to finish it. Raid drops are at minimum 365 and you should be able to get through archpriest and the death zamboni. If you can get the far then you can also grab all the chests which usually drop legendary engrams which will decrypt at a higher light (up to max 365) with a chance of an exotic from them all too.

Ah, well that will save some time but it still it is easy to grab the screens 1, 2 and 3 on the chance we want to go for it when we get to the fourth.

Weapon wise, a good scout of hand cannon for a primary will see you through the whole raid. Special and heavy are interchangeable - you need something to DPS bosses which I think most people settle for high impact sniper or sleeper. I would say as long as you have one of them equipped you can run whatever in the other slot. Generally I run Scout, Sniper, Gally switching the sniper for a shotgun for the death Zamboni stage.

1 - Midgen
2 - Oweo
3 - Greboth
4 - RedRooster
5 - Shawreyboy
6 - TX maybe?

Should be online in 15 mins chaps. Just having dinner then I'll be on.

Shawrey

Soldato
Nice Soulja :)

I can run again on one of my alts (well technically I AM running this on an alt... :p) later in the week.

TX - I should be able to help you with your quest steps as well. Just need a Titan who can help out for the fireteam bit (I could ask the Mrs) and then another one to quickly do the "math" bits (anyone who has already got the pulse can pick up the various engines again).

Associate
Hey guys, new player question here. Just started out in Destiny and making good progress (loving it). Light level approx 340 and I have a ton of legendary marks as I have not spent any. Vanguard rank 5 and now Dead Orbit 4. Should I be buying gear from any specific vendors? I understand how intellect, discipline and strength work.

Just wondering what my priorities should be now. Picked up gear from Xur at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom