Another 'Sky Engineer' scammer

Associate
My sky 'engineer' fixed his to a wall mounted tap using bungee cord.

Better than him attempting to drill a hole since the walls are clad in 9cm of foam...

Caporegime
The two that came to install Sky Q had uniforms and marked Sky vans. They looked as thought they were ready for combat. :D Apparently one of their special teams and very good they were!

I'm guessing that means actually employed by Sky and not subcontracted out.:p

Caporegime
There have been several instances where all this 'gear' has saved an Engineers life. They drill a hole to mount an eyebolt at ground level which is then used to secure the ladder to stop it from falling away or sliding away from the wall. They then secure themselves to the ladder with their harness and I have heard of Engineers blacking out or passing out while up their ladder and their Harness has saved them from a fall and they've been able to self recover.

One customer apparently remarked 'we didn't have all this gear when I were working up a ladder 20 years ago!' which a smirk on his face. His daughter then piped up 'Well if you did you might not have fallen off your ladder and been in a coma for two weeks Dad!'

Apparently if a customer objects to the eyebolt being left in position then Sky will happily come and remove it but the property won't receive another visit from a Sky Engineer again unless the eyebolt can be replaced. No eyebolt, no Engineer.

Amp34 said:
I'm guessing that means actually employed by Sky and not subcontracted out

Unless you live in the highlands and Islands or Northern or Southern Ireland there are no Sub Contractor installs these days. Thankfully.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ok.. But can he reach from the bottom of the ladder.....

How does he drill the hole?? If the ladder needs to be clipped before he can do any work.

Ladder must be clipped on before you can climb it................How do I clip it on.....lol

Drill hole within reaching distance so could be the best part of 7ft up the wall, clip ladder in before climbing up it. Ladders are normally held from the bottom whether it's a person or an anchor :confused:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

This thread is not delivering, why won't the OP tell me what the scam is/was?

No one likes you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's been brewing for a while. I wanted to say something sooner, but I had 2 blokes in an unmarked van come around to fit a new dish and I couldn't think straight, what with all the drilling :(

Back
Top Bottom