Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Associate
Ended up buying SE, i'd say its worth a purchase in terms of being different enough to justify returning to the game, its nice having a completely new setting, i much prefer the island as its nicer on the eye, but a new location with different complications to overcome is really nice, and more importantly it doesnt feel like exactly the same game, which is how it was feeling after about 10hrs on the most popular community made maps - cos obviously thats all it changed.
It feels rather nicely balanced, too. Not had any issues with the new dinos, they all have their place and something like the golum is a PITA but easy to avoid or get away from - we did have an incident with 2 right next to where we built our base, and a wild Argent agro'd our high lvl one toward the golum as i was taming a spikey and ofc a sandstorm was happening so was basically crawling back and got there seconds too late, but nasty 'dino' is meant to do nasty things.

Unfortunately the server config is still set for instant gratification, within about 8hrs the others had gone and got Wyverns, i dont want 1x grind, but our old ~3x was nice IMO, but the others dont want the hassle of taking 1mo to get to a medium size stone house and basic electricity setup etc (although we havent needed power yet), but the problem IMO is we'll have nothing to do in a weeks time, and i can easily spend 3x more than them playing and doing the boring stuff, and would rather go at a slower pace... but its pointless playing with others and not participate in the stuff they're doing.

Soldato
I wont play again until they start optimising the game. Sick and tired of playing it in the state it's in performance wise anyway. Game is epic, but they need to get a move on instead of dropping in paid dlc, different maps, new dinos, new flowers etc.

Associate
I like the premise of the game, it has loads of potential, but my good god it runs awful, I bought it on whim as I love the survival / building genre, also Dinosaurs!

But I'll been holding off on this until it runs better than 20fps on medium with a r9 290

Soldato
I like the premise of the game, it has loads of potential, but my good god it runs awful, I bought it on whim as I love the survival / building genre, also Dinosaurs!

But I'll been holding off on this until it runs better than 20fps on medium with a r9 290

im on an r290 too 120fps on high details you just godda turn all shadows off and type -sm4 in the launch options in steam for the game

Soldato
Brilliant. Will have to look it up. Is it noob friendly?

Pve and no offline raid servers are fairly noob friendly. Pvp can be a nightmare depending on server. The big tribes are either friendly and leave noobs alone or they own them straight from the start (then whinge about how their server is quiet :D).

I am fighting myself going back to it. Had pretty much an addiction :(.

I quite liked destroying others hard work when they were dicks :D.

Associate
Ark PVE

We have new community server(s) coming online on the 28th of October if anyone is interested, Mature players, PVE only, Running a 2 map cluster linked and thoroughly tested mods.

There's unfortunately only 16 slots left (at current) out of the 40 however likely to be increased sometime in November, For now grab em whilst you can.

details and registration can be found here

Please bear in mind this is signup only and white listed , combined with pve this helps to keep the grifers to a minimum.

Cheers,
Ed

Soldato
I Jumped on mine for a "quick" session having not touched it since Horizon 3 came out......
CC703276-5D22-4DDF-BCDC-F47772386043_zpsnv34arsj.png

yeah, 9hrs solid adding a few bits to my main build on Scorched Earth.

Associate
We have new community server(s) coming online on the 28th of October if anyone is interested, Mature players, PVE only, Running a 2 map cluster linked and thoroughly tested mods.

There's unfortunately only 16 slots left (at current) out of the 40 however likely to be increased sometime in November, For now grab em whilst you can.

details and registration can be found here

Please bear in mind this is signup only and white listed , combined with pve this helps to keep the grifers to a minimum.

Cheers,
Ed

Andromeda was a well supported and looked after server when we played on it in its last incarnation. If anyone is looking for a good solid PVE server with active admins and a very friendly community then you wont go far wrong here.
I only wish I hadn't pumped countless hours in to SE on another server or I'd be joining you again.

Good luck Ed

Back
Top Bottom