Poll: VW ragged my Golf R

What should the OP do?

• Total voters

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Why should they be surprised? If the car is not damaged, then the garage owe's them nothing further. I know that probably hurts some people's sense of entitlement however "wont anyone think of meeeeee"

Last I checked I don't remember there being a clause stating that there is to be any compensation in such a situation where the vehicle was not damaged"

That said, if the garage is smart then they will offer something to help you out to keep you coming back.

If the idea of a solution is to get the dude fired by bringing it up and wanting a free service to make you feel better, then you guessed it...that's petty :D

I honestly give up. I'm petty, for wanting a quiet word after seeing some footage of someone breaking the law in my car and asking if they'd be willing to sort me out with a service? They can say no outright, there's no sense of entitlement so stop putting words in my mouth.

Once you've raised the issue they can fire the guy or they can pull him aside and deal with it internally. Their internal policies shouldn't be my concern when raising an issue.. I'd like to think he wouldn't get sacked which is why I said I'd probably ask that they didn't go down that route. After all, seeking something beneficial to you is common in negotiation. Perhaps you've heard of the phrase "you don't ask, you don't get"? Certainly no harm asking after raising the issue in my opinion.

If you disagree, that's up to you. I don't believe its petty asking for a resolution for the fact they've hurt your trust.

Soldato
S3 recently came back from it's 2nd service, already warned them about excessive mileage from it's 1st service.

The car came back with 20+ extra miles and from 3 fuel bars to 1....even I don't drive it that hard.

Reminded me of a colleague, he saw how they took a brand new R8 V10 off the ramp ....use your imagination...got me cheesed off.

I opted against dash cam for reasons like this, even though they probably did similar to mine like yours, if not worse, I'd rather not know unless it's evident damage i.e. hot rubber smell, marks, stains, scratches, etc unfortunately unless you have a trusted independent dealer you have to expect this.

For me, I just took it on the head this time.

Decent of you to not get in the way of the guy's life, I'd imagine he'd be in a lot of trouble if you did some of the suggestions here including losing his job.

Respect to you!
image.png

Soldato
I don't think it's a hanging offense and the driving was fine............but breaking the speed limit in such a way is very unprofessional (and dangerous if you want to 'think of the children'). You're paying for a service from a dealer and expect them to behave a little better than that and I would pull them up on it.

Man of Honour
I'd continue with life as normal, it's unprofessional but not what I'd consider a big deal. I drive my car harder than that mire or less every time I get in it. A quick squirt isnt exactly going to harm a car like a Golf R.

Fair enough he could have stayed the correct side of the speed limit and hung back from the fiesta a little, and that was driven far more sedately than most of the Golf Rs and similar around here

More cars need a valet mode in this country :(

I have valet mode, imposes a 4500rpm rev limit, 70mph and 70% throttle.

Soldato
You'd expect this sort of thing from an airport parking company but not VW.

They should be treating their customer's cars with respect, not blasting hip-hop music which is unprofessional, and not tail-gating other cars potentially causing stonechips.

It just goes to show customer satisfaction/confidence is just a facade and fantasy that main dealers readily cash in on. As such I wouldn't be directing the blame at the employee but the dealer itself, they obviously have a lax approach to training and should be shamed to the wider public to make them change.

Send VW head office an email naming the dealer in question, you'll get a much better result. :)

Caporegime
The fact that it's a Golf R is totally irrelevant. It is not more acceptable for a trusted third party to break the speed limit in a customer's Golf R than it is in a Nissan Micra.

Speeding in a customer's car is unprofessional and risky, both in terms of possibility of an incident and the potential for an embarrassing speeding ticket.

I would without a doubt be round my dealer with the video to voice my dissatisfaction.

If that makes me a stuffy git, so be it. It's my car and I'd be extremely annoyed about it. A senior manager at OcUK saying it's OK to ignore a 50mph limit as long as you reckon the road lends itself is just the icing on the cake.

And lol at hurfdurf's 'people don't know what genuinely sporty means'; like the sportier the car the more OK it is for the dealer to abuse it :rolleyes:.

Caporegime
The fact that it's a Golf R is totally irrelevant. It is not more acceptable for a trusted third party to break the speed limit in a customer's Golf R than it is in a Nissan Micra.

Speeding in a customer's car is unprofessional and risky, both in terms of possibility of an incident and the potential for an embarrassing speeding ticket.

I would without a doubt be round my dealer with the video to voice my dissatisfaction.

If that makes me a stuffy git, so be it. It's my car and I'd be extremely annoyed about it. A senior manager at OcUK saying it's OK to ignore a 50mph limit as long as you reckon the road lends itself is just the icing on the cake.

And lol at hurfdurf's 'people don't know what genuinely sporty means'; like the sportier the car the more OK it is for the dealer to abuse it :rolleyes:.

What the hell has a senior management at OcUK got to do with anything?

It's just a man saying his opinion. You sound like you just crave on drama, for no reason.

Or maybe I just prefer a relaxed, nicer, more chilled out lifestyle that this wouldn't bother me. Now if he was driving like a lunatic, I'd be miffed. But c'mon, he wasn't.

Caporegime
What the hell has a senior management at OcUK got to do with anything?

It's just a man saying his opinion.

Gibbo represents his employer in everything he posts in public that identifies him as an employee of OcUK, whether his fan club likes it or not. Perhaps you missed that memo at your own place of work?

The fact that he openly condones ignoring 50mph speed limits is crass at best.

Soldato
As others have said hardly a big deal.

The first time he speeds in the 50 zone, it is briefly the national speed limit and then he does lift off although yes, strictly speeding.

As for the Ford, again it isn't that big of a deal. Lifts off when the blind bends come up.

If that is the worst from 25 minutes of driving then your are just overreacting imo. At no point is he getting close to the red line or driving dangerously.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still finding it hard to get excited by it many pages later

Unprofessional.... absolutely

Illegal....clearly (though I'm sure many have done far worse...obviously not I though)

Would I be bothered if it was my car.....not massively, but would drop a hint that will undoubtedly get back to the driver without him being formally dealt with. That said it's obviously done with now, the time to do so is on collecting the car or when they give a follow up call .

Right call overall i would say OP

Caporegime
Gibbo represents his employer in everything he posts in public that identifies him as an employee of OcUK, whether his fan club likes it or not. Perhaps you missed that memo at your own place of work?

Fan club? Never knew there was one.

I just don't see him condoning speeding relevant at all to a company who sells PC Components. Wasn't even worth bringing up at all. Just like complaining isn't worth it.

Soldato

Ok my ridiculous posts are one thing but this is getting out of hand.

Associate
Not done anything wrong IMO, take more liberties daily myself

You're not the speeding police, if he's done anything wrong the real ones will catch up, without the video...

Back
Top Bottom