*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
Mate,

Be nice, Some people just don't have the space....

Being constructive is helpful.

wasnt intended to sound mean..

although i could say the same about your earlier post

"It's a corner desk...and I could have it looking ace in minutes...at the mo it looks poo."

depends how you read it i suppose

Caporegime
wasnt intended to sound mean..

although i could say the same about your earlier post

"It's a corner desk...and I could have it looking ace in minutes...at the mo it looks poo."

depends how you read it i suppose

Mine was bit of light hearted banter mate...

In which was received without offence...

You basically dissed his space with a lol at the end...

Big difference.

Associate
How in the world can you stand to have a setup like this? its far too small and cramped, would drive me mad! lol

also i strongly suggest you move whatever that black box is behind the tower as its blocking the PSU exhaust

As for your first point mate I live in London so space is more expensive then pure gold.... ant that monitor on the right is 32" so the set up is a lot bigger than picture is showing. I do have to admit that my desk is a little small but I'm not getting anything now till I finish upping my PC to the standard I want it to be.

That thing on the shelf is a bluetooth speaker and is only half the deep so there is a lot of free space behind it.

Associate
As for your first point mate I live in London so space is more expensive then pure gold.... ant that monitor on the right is 32" so the set up is a lot bigger than picture is showing. I do have to admit that my desk is a little small but I'm not getting anything now till I finish upping my PC to the standard I want it to be.

That thing on the shelf is a bluetooth speaker and is only half the deep so there is a lot of free space behind it.

Would just like to say i wasnt dissing your setup, only meant that i wouldnt be able to cope with that as i dont like having things cramped up. so props to you for making the most of it.

and good thing about the speaker, just wanted to mention it incase it caused PSU problems in the future

also instead of RGB/LED fans, why not just get some good quiet fans, whichever you like and then add some LED strips inside the case instead? in my experience the strips give off a better light anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
Figured this is the best place to ask as a few people have done it before. I'm planning on setting up a desk in my man cave now the plastering has been finished and I'm thinking of a long piece of prime oak on the Alex units. Would the oak need much maintenance and oiling? I was going for a 3m long piece with three Alex units, would that be enough to support it properly or would it be prone to warping with the weight on the unsupported sections?

Associate
Figured this is the best place to ask as a few people have done it before. I'm planning on setting up a desk in my man cave now the plastering has been finished and I'm thinking of a long piece of prime oak on the Alex units. Would the oak need much maintenance and oiling? I was going for a 3m long piece with three Alex units, would that be enough to support it properly or would it be prone to warping with the weight on the unsupported sections?

if the desk is just for pc/console or something like that then i cant imagine it would warp, if its solid enough wood it should take that weight very easily.

but tbh as far as warping issues and maintenance of certain wood, you might be better off asking in the DIY section

Soldato
If it is supported in the middle there is no way it would warp
I would suggest getting a 38mm thick vs 28mm however

Yeh, it'll be supported each end and another in the middle. I was going to go for the thicker worktop anyway and I've found a good price for it on the Chippy Shop Ebay store.. Just need to wait a month before I can paint then I can get the desk sorted.

Associate
MRf8lIN.jpg

Need to tidy up the cables a bit more. The chair is actually red, my phones camera sucks making it look orange. Kinda wish I had a soundbar so I could have triple monitors. But I can't spend that much on monitors :p

Associate
@BSOD the trouble with a soundbar is the sound quality wont be nearly as good as speakers

overall looks good, just like you said needs some cables tidying up thats all

Associate
Gave my desk a bit of a tidy up yesterday. Also mounted the monitor onto a boom stand so I can move it around.

Before:
2016-10-16%2010.42.45_zpspehgtake.jpg

After:
2016-10-16%2020.41.03_zpsz3x537ze.jpg

The new stand has also got a USB3 hub in the base. That will be very useful at times.

Back
Top Bottom