Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
a03 question

do like I did get them to check the box the revision is listed on the label provided its not been opened of course.the a03 version calibrates well .You then follow pc monitors instructions on ICC profile .

Associate
Mine is sat under my desk ready to go home an be set up tonight. It's an A03 as the vender promised with a build date of June 2016.

Is there a recommended ICC profile someone can link to? Thanks.

Man of Honour
Mine is sat under my desk ready to go home an be set up tonight. It's an A03 as the vender promised with a build date of June 2016.

Is there a recommended ICC profile someone can link to? Thanks.

Think people are using the TFT Central one - I'm not a big fan of using a stock ICC profile though as they are usually fine tuned for a specific panel and while it can look good if yours is the same or close it can be terrible if your panel out the box is totally different - which more than half the time has been the case when I've tried ICC profiles from TFT Central, etc.

Soldato
Agree with Rroff here.

I initially tried the tft central profile and after a while decided to have a go myself in the nvidia control panel. Think the end results were better.

There are so many variables in play here, plus of course personal choice. I've seen monitors set with what I would consider ludicrously high brightness and such vivid colours, that it's almost made my eyes bleed. But the owners think their monitor/s are set to perfection.

No silver bullet. I'd have a play around with the various settings and try and end up with what "you" think is right.

Have fun.

Man of Honour
The biggest improvement to the monitor comes from knocking the gamma down in the nVidia (or AMD) control panel which is unfortunately needed as the monitor has horrific gamma out the box and no hardware gamma control - I've seen a range of monitors that use this panel that require anything from 0.75 to 0.92 gamma.

Soldato
I'd second the gamma comment. Mine is set at 0.90.

Also increased the Digital Vibrance to 60%

All I did to adjust mine. Was find a nice quality phot of something I know well (my car in this case set against a really nice backdrop) and fiddled away until it looked like how I rembered it should.

Associate
I received my 3rd monitor today after the first had an HDMI issue and the second having a cluster of dead pixels.

All set up, what do I see? A dead pixel in the upper left corner area, very dark and noticeable now I know it is there. Looks like a single dead pixel. Should I be bothered or is this acceptable? I mean yes it bothers me but is it worth the hassle to get onto Dell about one dead pixel? I know this monitor isn't covered by the zero dead pixel policy.

Soldato
I received my 3rd monitor today after the first had an HDMI issue and the second having a cluster of dead pixels.

All set up, what do I see? A dead pixel in the upper left corner area, very dark and noticeable now I know it is there. Looks like a single dead pixel. Should I be bothered or is this acceptable? I mean yes it bothers me but is it worth the hassle to get onto Dell about one dead pixel? I know this monitor isn't covered by the zero dead pixel policy.

Only you can really answer this:)

Personally I'd not be bothered.

Associate
Lol, decided to see if I could get a discount price on this monitor directly from Dell. He quoted one price, I asked if I could get it lower to match other suppliers in the UK, he said that's the max, then he bumped the price down again when I said I would buy elsewhere..

Hopefully I can get the A04 version too.

Soldato
Can't find out much about the supposed A04 revision.

The things I've seen mentioned are:
- The problem that some seem to have with Pixel Inversion has been addressed
- Buzzing noise.

If that's all ... then can't say that I'm too bothered, as can't say that I've noticed either on my monitor.

Back
Top Bottom