Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
o27_zpsgi3fi6rv.png

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Over a month late, should have cancelled really.:rolleyes:

Oh well :D

Suspended
Jesus lads relax.
I am neither rich nor pompous, my last few phones were work owned, I drive a non new car and really don't mind Apple iPhones as smartphones, in fact I have a 5s sat in the car which will prob do me until Feb when Samsung release info on new models given my note7 is going to explode any second now.
It is not elitist nor pompous to say that a lot of people that struggle to feed their kids still find enough money to have top end phones on contracts that are entirely overdone with regards to what they actually need. Fur coat no knickers relates to that demographic. Many many people can afford them etc my point was that finance for a mobile phone is crazy but accepted these days.
Mobile phones components are developed by many outsourced companies so their R&D is built into their prices so the likes of Apple, Samsung, Motorola etc who do have massive research costs, when you divide it per handset it really isn't hundreds per device.
In work, I maintain approx 40 handsets which are predominantly iPhones and a handful of others. Between each renewal period I see a wide range of problems from screen faults, speaker and microphones failing, home buttons becoming insensitive and iOS updates causing freezing and general slowness. My note 4 had a crazy blue pixel (might have been a couple) it rebooted itself maybe twice in its two years of use. The other Android users never reported any issues but those guys would have been a little more independent to fix their own problems. Many on the iPhones struggle to make 2 years between being bent, batteries shot and general screen discoloration, My note 4 was in good condition so passed it onto my eldest daughter who canes the life out of it with YouTube and Pokemon, only a handful of the iPhones were in any sort of condition to pass onto staff. Let's agree that iPhones are not perfect nor are any other smartphone brand, when it comes to the premium phones, none are a better product, just different.

You are of course right it's just that this type of post in this thread won't be appreciated, believe me I know. It's apparently a long standing comment by DWP staff that their clients are always saying they can't manage financially yet manage to afford a top end iPhone.

Last edited:
Suspended
Just spoke to EE and a guy i was talking to said they had over 200,000 note 7 customers and loads of them are swapping their contracts to the 7plus.

Well that's a load of nonsense isn't it? There have only been very limited sales of the Note 7 in the UK as the scandal hit just as they were being released here. Estimates put them in the handful of thousands.

It is believed a lot of N7 customers are taking the S7 Edge route, others pre-ordering the Pixel XL whilst others are going with Apple.

I could claim I won the lottery which equally isn't true either. :rolleyes:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Can we get back on topic please? There's a thread in mobiles about the Samsung Note 7. This is mainly to discuss the iPhone 7 and not descend in to a flame war.

Caporegime
I'm way overdue an upgrade and will be going for a sim free deal too since my contract is currently £10 a month for free minutes, texts and 2GB of data. Do you think it is really worth it above the SE. I was tempted to buy the SE as I like the size of it (have had the 3 and 4 then didn't bother upgrading) but the regular size 7 isn't too big I guess.

Soldato
For me the extra screen real estate is worth it. And as you said it isn't actually that much bigger. The 7 feels very very much more premium than the SE too imo. Especially the jet black. It's feels incredible in the hand.

Associate
Google ****ed me off with the Pixel, coupled with them abandoning my hardly 1 year old Nexus 6P and the size of the 6P starting to do my head in so I'm back on iOS after a 4 year break. Feels very recognisable to all those years ago but at the same time very different, I'm very enjoying iOS 10.

Went for a 32gb 7 on the upgrade programme along with a Series 1 watch bought outright. Upgrade Programme is a couple of quid extra per month than I would have liked (together with my £20 30GB 3 sim) but getting a new phone every year & having apple care suits me, I have only ever smashed 1 phone but it gives me enough of a safety net to use it without a screen protector or a case, and it's absolutely gorgeous naked. I'm loving the size too, I think the 7 is just the perfect size for a phone (even being 6'5" with massive hands), funnily enough it's right about the same size as the Nexus 5 which is easily my favourite phone I've ever had. Really loving the watch too, nice upgrade from my old Samsung S2.

Soldato
Any examples of what people are paying, who they're with and whether they've got the 7/7 plus?

Trying out a 7 plus 256gb at the moment, deal would be 57/month/79 deposit after cash back. 30gb/ unlimited mins/texts on bt. Would be a fiver less if you have bt internet.
Think you get a 80 quid amazon voucher as well

Suspended
What I do think will be interesting is the 2017 release. I expect that a great many people who went for this years not so new launch will either be pretty miffed or take a hit and upgrade to the all new iPhone.

Apple have always used the 'tick tock' model for their phones i.e. a new model with a new number with the following year more of an upgrade model and an 's' added on the end. Because the 10th anniversary isn't until 2017 they have been caught out with this years launch.

Back
Top Bottom