What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Me I would find a nice sea dweller at that price point. I have had a few omegas and I do like the brand but to me its not a brand worth 3 to 5k.
£3k is entry for Omega watches now - their new Master Chronometer movements are pretty special too.

- In-house-made
- Co-axial escapement
- Anti-magnetic movement
- COSC Chronometer certification
- METAS chronometer and performance certification

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not a huge fan of that I'm afraid. Would probably get a Seamaster Chrono if I was getting an Omega. :)

Personally I don't get the point of the Seamaster Chrono. I think it's a bit too much of a hybrid. The Seamaster looks great and the Speedmaster looks great. I guess it's useful if you want a waterproof chrono (the speedy isn't waterproof). But I can't imagine the market for that is huge so it then comes down to the styling of it. A Seamaster Chrono looks a bit too busy to my eyes.

But I'm sure many people love it :)

Caporegime
Personally I don't get the point of the Seamaster Chrono. I think it's a bit too much of a hybrid. The Seamaster looks great and the Speedmaster looks great. I guess it's useful if you want a waterproof chrono (the speedy isn't waterproof). But I can't imagine the market for that is huge so it then comes down to the styling of it. A Seamaster Chrono looks a bit too busy to my eyes.

But I'm sure many people love it :)

it's all in the eye of the beer holder. :)

Caporegime
Ordered a Longines hydroconqest automatic last weekend. Red bezel white dial model. Quite a nice saving over the normal retail price of £790.00. Paid £643.00 including delivery.

Nice purchase, although I must admit I am still a big fan of the older style with larger numerics. Enjoy it! :)

Caporegime
Nice purchase, although I must admit I am still a big fan of the older style with larger numerics. Enjoy it! :)
Thanks, will do. A friend has the older large numeral model, which iirc are applied versus painted on the new dial model. Also the older one uses the ETA 2824 as opposed to the 2892 in the new one. I'm pretty familiair with the former as its used in my two steinharts. Very solid workhorse movement.

Caporegime
Thanks. :D

Its a Mondaine Night Vision Sport. I don't know if thats its proper name though. :)

Great second hand price... 2 years old, unboxed, good condition overall but scratching on rear case where the back has been removed somewhat clumsily... New battery and water seal though. (arf arf)

£80 dead, which I consider a win since I was going to pay the £280~ new price until I saw it for sale.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, will do. A friend has the older large numeral model, which iirc are applied versus painted on the new dial model. Also the older one uses the ETA 2824 as opposed to the 2892 in the new one. I'm pretty familiair with the former as its used in my two steinharts. Very solid workhorse movement.

Very nice choice BTW, I've been 'this' close to order one of these myself -- that or wait for the Steney Titanium to come back in stock...
Where did you get that price BTW, shop haggling?

Back
Top Bottom