Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
Decided I'm gonna go for the finacing option providing I pass the credit check.

Upgrade programme or just the standard payments hmm?

Last edited:
Soldato
What I do think will be interesting is the 2017 release. I expect that a great many people who went for this years not so new launch will either be pretty miffed or take a hit and upgrade to the all new iPhone.

Apple have always used the 'tick tock' model for their phones i.e. a new model with a new number with the following year more of an upgrade model and an 's' added on the end. Because the 10th anniversary isn't until 2017 they have been caught out with this years launch.

Which is why I went for the upgrade plan as it made sense as I would want to upgrade to the 10th

Associate
Anyone have any problems using the lighting to aux adapter to play music through aux port in a car? Just didnt seem to recognise it.
I can plug it into my car with usb to lighting which works fine but i did this with my last phone and it made the battery go crap

Soldato
FINALLY!!
2016-10-17%2019.06.07_zps2ov2v7ns.jpg

Soldato
Anyone have any problems using the lighting to aux adapter to play music through aux port in a car? Just didnt seem to recognise it.
I can plug it into my car with usb to lighting which works fine but i did this with my last phone and it made the battery go crap

Probably a dodgy cable/connection in there somewhere. It shouldn't matter what you connect the other end of the aux to.

Associate
Just out of curiosity.. why have they annoyed you and what have they done to abandon the 6P?

By killing the affordable Nexus line purely for the reason of luring in people who want a phone because of the price tag rather than features, releasing a £400 phone for £600 while it does nothing to justify that cost, and blatantly ripping off the styling of the iPhone. I don't wish them to do badly with the Pixel, it just seems that I am no longer the person they are trying to sell the phone to. I decided that if I wanted a £600 phone that looks like an iPhone, I might as well go the full way and get the real deal (and all the engineering and design that goes with it).

Not releasing any of the fancy Pixel software (Assistant, launcher, even Nougat 7.1 this year) on the Nexus 6P was what I mean by abandoning, I can understand that those are the only selling points of the new phone and the need to keep that exclusive, but again people with 6Ps were likely not the target market for the Pixels anyway so what harm would it really do. Obviously the good people at XDA have already hacked the majority of the stuff on to the 6P before the Pixel has even been released, but that shouldn't be necessary. The phone is 1 year old and is no longer getting the traditional Google Updates for the Nexus phones (IE first). It makes me lose a bit of trust, who's to say that they won't bring out the Google xxxxx phone next year and no longer give the 1 year old Pixel phones any of the goodies?

The Allo release also had started the ball rolling for me, everyone was screaming at them to make it like iMessage only with all the assistant stuff and make it something everyone on Android could use, but instead they made it just another IM client that not a single person I know uses, even the other guys in my work who are keen on this kind of stuff.

I haven't rooted or used Custom ROMs on my Nexus 6p at all, and that's after doing all that stuff on my Nexus 4 & 5s too, I can't be bothered any more and I just wanted a phone that worked, stock Android & IOS are very close to perfect in different ways in my opinion. If the Pixel was £150 cheaper I would have bought it probably without even looking at the iPhone 7, but at the same money there's no competition. Throw in Apple Care & an Apple store 10 minutes away and it was a no brainer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm.. I sort of see your point in the fact they're making this a retail proposition not a potential loss leading example of pure android but to be fair the Nexus program did start as a sort of developer preview type of setup.

Plus the sales of Nexus devices is like a rounding error in terms of market share so whilst it may be painful to you, the chances are the Pixels will get into many many more hands than the niche Nexus stuff (spoken from someone who's had several).

you're still going to get the OS updates I'm sure of that, you just might have to wait for some Pixel services (the ones you can now have with custom ROMs).

Still, google have a long and storied record in starting initiatives with fanfare and then giving up with a whimper. If the Pixel doesn't take off there's every chance this will be the first and last google phone.

Associate
By killing the affordable Nexus line purely for the reason of luring in people who want a phone because of the price tag rather than features, releasing a £400 phone for £600 while it does nothing to justify that cost, and blatantly ripping off the styling of the iPhone. I don't wish them to do badly with the Pixel, it just seems that I am no longer the person they are trying to sell the phone to. I decided that if I wanted a £600 phone that looks like an iPhone, I might as well go the full way and get the real deal (and all the engineering and design that goes with it).

Not releasing any of the fancy Pixel software (Assistant, launcher, even Nougat 7.1 this year) on the Nexus 6P was what I mean by abandoning, I can understand that those are the only selling points of the new phone and the need to keep that exclusive, but again people with 6Ps were likely not the target market for the Pixels anyway so what harm would it really do. Obviously the good people at XDA have already hacked the majority of the stuff on to the 6P before the Pixel has even been released, but that shouldn't be necessary. The phone is 1 year old and is no longer getting the traditional Google Updates for the Nexus phones (IE first). It makes me lose a bit of trust, who's to say that they won't bring out the Google xxxxx phone next year and no longer give the 1 year old Pixel phones any of the goodies?

The Allo release also had started the ball rolling for me, everyone was screaming at them to make it like iMessage only with all the assistant stuff and make it something everyone on Android could use, but instead they made it just another IM client that not a single person I know uses, even the other guys in my work who are keen on this kind of stuff.

I haven't rooted or used Custom ROMs on my Nexus 6p at all, and that's after doing all that stuff on my Nexus 4 & 5s too, I can't be bothered any more and I just wanted a phone that worked, stock Android & IOS are very close to perfect in different ways in my opinion. If the Pixel was £150 cheaper I would have bought it probably without even looking at the iPhone 7, but at the same money there's no competition. Throw in Apple Care & an Apple store 10 minutes away and it was a no brainer.

Agree with all of this. All of it. I've been die-hard google for 5 years and since last week my S7 Edge went in and replaced by IP7Plus and iPad Pro to go with my MacBook Air. Loving it.

I don't want google to fail, but so many botched product releases and abandoned services over the years means I just don't have the faith in them to deliver long term like Apple have done.

The walled garden party isn't so bad...

Associate
Does anyone know If say you get the 32gb on the upgrade programme and then find its not enough after a few days, can you exchange it for a 128GB?

I think 128 is overkill but 32GB might only just be enough hmm

Back
Top Bottom