Arma 3: Exile

Soldato
Big sale at the Bohemia website, i just bought arma 2+DLCs for £5 and Arma 3 for £15. I was just ready to bite the bullet at pay £30 for Arma 3 and then that popped up, couldnt believe my luck :)

Looks like i can try all of them now.

Soldato
Nice one, yes I heard about the sale - getting in there before Steam sale ;)

Congratulations. I'd highly recommend the Battle Royale mod for Arma 3 (available for Arma 2) - it's a great mod if you're a bit limited on time or want a last man standing style game.

Soldato
Dont suppose anyone has a nice guide on the controls for Arma 3 please?

I'm working my way through the ingame training missions, but i've noticed in keybinds theres about a thousand controls and i have no idea what they do :)

Edit: ignore me, found the VR training thing, its showing me all the controls now, i thought the VR was just that small amount of VR training ya get at the begining of boot camp.

Last edited:
Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;30114034 said:
Different planet now!

Its imo passed/equalled Epoch a2!

The base raiding feature is absolutely spot on, always something to do!

Really??? Wow I'll take a look, that's a lot of praise given just how popular that mod still actually is. Any recommendations regarding servers to join? CCG will undoubtedly be popular but I could never get on when the mod first fm came out as there was only 2 or 3 active servers

Associate
Really??? Wow I'll take a look, that's a lot of praise given just how popular that mod still actually is. Any recommendations regarding servers to join? CCG will undoubtedly be popular but I could never get on when the mod first fm came out as there was only 2 or 3 active servers

Exo servers seem pretty good, I've played on them a fair bit over the last couple of months with no major complaints.

Soldato
OP

EXO servers are the best around. However they also have the best and most active clans on there. I'm not a fan.... I dont get to play that much so the server is too hard for me.

I'm currently playing on GOAT server 1, really decent.

Or there's our own MGT servers, they too are in the top 10 around.

Soldato
Is it just me or do AI in Arma see through grass? Im constantly finding my self with my squad prone in some grass been shot at by enemies that i cant see through the grass but all the AI can see me and each other. I've even tried staying third person but it as soon as i aim to shoot the enemies i lose sight of them because of the grass.

I normally end up just having to let my squad bait them while i flank around and shoot them all in the back. I dont feel thats how its meant to be done though as the squad leader is giving me instructions as though im supposed to be sticking with him, how do you guys handle this when your playing single player? I imagine in multiplayer everyone just turns all the details right down so they can see each other easier but i dont wanna do that in single player if theres a way around it.

Soldato
OP
Is it just me or do AI in Arma see through grass? Im constantly finding my self with my squad prone in some grass been shot at by enemies that i cant see through the grass but all the AI can see me and each other. I've even tried staying third person but it as soon as i aim to shoot the enemies i lose sight of them because of the grass.

I normally end up just having to let my squad bait them while i flank around and shoot them all in the back. I dont feel thats how its meant to be done though as the squad leader is giving me instructions as though im supposed to be sticking with him, how do you guys handle this when your playing single player? I imagine in multiplayer everyone just turns all the details right down so they can see each other easier but i dont wanna do that in single player if theres a way around it.

Yup... so so so annoying. I've not played single player. However the missions are very similar in Exile.

Are you using SD attachments? If not and its a frontal attack, then the whole point is to either quickly eliminate or create diversion tactics.

Soldato
Yeah, the aimbot on AI is absolutely bonkers, especially the AI in multiplayer servers. They're not 'intelligent' in the sense of flushing you out or using tactics, but they're superb shots (if you count being shredded from about 1km away by some AI with small arms whilst driving towards them at speed).

Associate
Yeah, the aimbot on AI is absolutely bonkers, especially the AI in multiplayer servers. They're not 'intelligent' in the sense of flushing you out or using tactics, but they're superb shots (if you count being shredded from about 1km away by some AI with small arms whilst driving towards them at speed).

Yep. Me and a mate tried an AI mission once and I was on a hill, in a bush, wearing a ghillie observing them and as soon as I fired a shot towards them I was insta-headshotted. My mate was sniped with small arms soon after. They then proceeded to camp our bodies and repeatedly killed us every time we entered the area.

AI missions, not even once...

Soldato
[Damien];30117033 said:
Yep. Me and a mate tried an AI mission once and I was on a hill, in a bush, wearing a ghillie observing them and as soon as I fired a shot towards them I was insta-headshotted. My mate was sniped with small arms soon after. They then proceeded to camp our bodies and repeatedly killed us every time we entered the area.

AI missions, not even once...

They're occasionally fun to do when you have enough people. But the most satisfying is to camp out whilst someone else is doing the mission (taking all the AI fire, taking the time to capture the thing) and then rushing in and taking the loot.

Unbeatable! Sucks when it happens to you though.

Soldato
OP

This video was 4 months ago, shows how much the raids can be. Siince then the cinder has been added meaning you need a real detail plan and materials to successfully pull off a raid:

Soldato
OP
Gutted, the server we use has unexpectedly gone offline and doesn't look to be coming back up! Its a shame because we completed our first raid and despite being carpet bombed by a big bird and being sniped from everywhere, we got in, stole the flag, stole 2 Chinooks, 6 safe contents and made off with 400k..... Was still great fun!

Anyways....

We've now moved to Cherno on the MGT server. They're running the A2OP, which is basically a ground up rebuild of Chernarus. Changes are:

* Practically all buildings now enterable
* New buildings everywhere
* Glass windows are no longer bullet proof
* Windows now smash
* Grass isn't bullet proof

To name a few. For some reason my FPS on there is absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Associate
I might give that server a try , to much Tanoa has me burned out i run with a few other guys so could team up for some base raiding once we get settled if your up for it.

What gfx settings do you find the best for fps ?

Soldato
OP
I might give that server a try , to much Tanoa has me burned out i run with a few other guys so could team up for some base raiding once we get settled if your up for it.

What gfx settings do you find the best for fps ?

Yeah defo up for it bro! Give me a shout on there!

Its not so much the GFX settings, its the actual config file settings you need to change.

I would honestly, set aside 15 mins and follow this:

I run a 480 flashed to 8gb and a i5 oc to 4.2, I get 50+ frames solid on very high/ultra settings. The refresh rate made a massive difference for me

Back
Top Bottom