What watch do you wear?

Soldato
wow 7k for a SS sub, I have been out of the watch loop for some time but the prices seem to have gone crazy. I assume its due to the low pound.

I'm going to start selling off my watches, I only ever use the SS Daytona's now.

4.1k sound ok for a SS Sub date from 2006?

Condition is everything as there's no shortage of ~10 year old sub dates. If it's in good nick, then absolutely worth a shot, but bear in mind that dealers will be selling around that price too, and private sales usually come in below dealers.

Chrono24 gives a really good idea of price ranges. You may be able to sell abroad quite easily due to the hefty drop in the £, so long as you're willing to deal with those abroad, and cover the cost of insured posting for its value, which is far from insignificant!

Last edited:
Associate
This just arrived! Hope to get it tested full in the coming weeks

14689133_10157662806995531_1055156611_o.jpg

Caporegime
Very nice choice BTW, I've been 'this' close to order one of these myself -- that or wait for the Steney Titanium to come back in stock...
Where did you get that price BTW, shop haggling?
Thanks, ordered here.

https://www.precisiontime.co.uk/longines-l36954196-hydroconquest-watch.html

Though the price has increased now. Regarding the steiny Ti, no stock direct from steinhart? I purchased my ocean black DLC from them, delivery and price is similair to chronomaster where I bought the ocean one green.

Soldato
How do you read the time on that RS? Is it outer ring first, then next inner ring? And is the centre disk a date wheel, and if so where do you read the date on it as it's so open?

Soldato
Looking for a high quality leather replacement strap for my new Mondaine, 18mm lug.

Any suggestions where to buy? I've used Timefactors before and their straps are pretty good, just wondering if there is anywhere better?

Last edited:
Soldato
My parents just got back from a week in Spain and rather than the usual bottle of Bourbon (can't drink at the moment due to current medication) they bought me this. A Sekonda 1307. I'm not into spending silly money on watches, and as long as it tells the time and looks OK then it'll do for me.

z6Fxvun.jpg

Try to Ignore the bandages and greasy yellow skin, I've just put some really nasty ointments on. :mad::D:mad:

Caporegime
The more research I do the more I am concerned about service costs on the Tudor in-house movement vs the ETA 2824 in the older versions of the BB/Pelagos.I get the feeling service costs of the in-house will be similar to Rolex, and think there are some clear benefits of an ETA movement being able to be worked on by any experienced watchmaker.

It may be around 700-1000 every 4-5 years for the in-house?

Soldato
The more research I do the more I am concerned about service costs on the Tudor in-house movement vs the ETA 2824 in the older versions of the BB/Pelagos.I get the feeling service costs of the in-house will be similar to Rolex, and think there are some clear benefits of an ETA movement being able to be worked on by any experienced watchmaker.

It may be around 700-1000 every 4-5 years for the in-house?

its not a patek :)

rolex is circa 40 not sure what they charge for Tudor.

Do the new tudor movements come with the same 5 year warranty as newer rolexes?

Caporegime
Well, after much internal debate and soul-searching I am leaning towards the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial Automatic 41mm 212.30.41.20.03.001 in blue.

It is classically styled and instantly recognisable, discreetly sized, dresses up or down very well, and can be had for a very reasonable £2000 exc. VAT.

its not a patek :)

Throwaway statement alert. :p

rolex is circa 40 not sure what they charge for Tudor.

Do the new tudor movements come with the same 5 year warranty as newer rolexes?

I assume you mean £400. Where I live I would likely be looking at 30-50% more than that.

Soldato
Have you tried one on? I have the Brosnan era one, blue dial, virtually the same as above. Just didn't get on with it. Felt quality etc, just really didn't favour it. Bought it for 920 though, full auto, sold it for 1400, but now they're going for c.1800 maybe I should have held it for longer!

Soldato
Well, after much internal debate and soul-searching I am leaning towards the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial Automatic 41mm 212.30.41.20.03.001 in blue.

It is classically styled and instantly recognisable, discreetly sized, dresses up or down very well, and can be had for a very reasonable £2000 exc. VAT.
Do it - I have the black version and haven't regretted buying it three years ago. the 'wet look' dial looks awesome, as does the lume at night :)

15740458852_90fa667a44_c.jpg

14888815325_c89a3f42e4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom