Poll: *** Google Nexus 6 ***

Which colour & memory size are you going to get?

• White - 32GB

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Blue - 32GB

Votes: 77 36.3%
  • White - 64GB

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Blue - 64GB

Votes: 66 31.1%

• Total voters
Soldato
It easy to change and not even soldered in. Get a spare ordered and a replacement back cover.

All you then need is a screwdriver.

Done it myself, absolute doddle.

May I ask where you sourced yours from?

I'm thinking this may be the route to take seeing as Motorolas support is even worse than it was before. I don't know how that is possible but it is!

I haven't updated Sumanji because I managed to get mine the way I wanted it with the mods I use without breaking sky go, android pay etc. Since then I haven't found a ROM that can do it all :|

Associate
May I ask where you sourced yours from?

I'm thinking this may be the route to take seeing as Motorolas support is even worse than it was before. I don't know how that is possible but it is!

I haven't updated Sumanji because I managed to get mine the way I wanted it with the mods I use without breaking sky go, android pay etc. Since then I haven't found a ROM that can do it all :|

I got mine from America on eBay so cost a few quid more than the Chinese ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...w=nexus+6+headphone+jack+replacement&_sacat=0

The one I bought a while ago now -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OEM-VERIZ...696706?hash=item1ea34c2a82:g:SqsAAOSw9N1VlKvy

Guide -

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nexus+6+Headphone+Jack+Replacement/36084

Soldato

Thanks buddy,

If I don't get any luck with Moto I think I'll attempt it myself.

So far the luck has been terrible, I contact their support on twitter who sorted me out last time & they divert me now to their website, So I filled in the form on that page & recieve an email back today asking me to call them.

So i called them on the number they gave which clearly states in the email 8am - 8pm, Now here is the best part, It closes at 6pm!

Meh, definitely the last Motorola phone I ever buy, Why can't someone make another damn Nexus 6 :(

Last edited:
Associate
Updated mine about 6-7pm last night, it went smooth with no problems so far. Just getting used to the changes now. Not that impressed with the massive notification lines that have little to nothing in them to start with.

Split screen is fun :D

Soldato
Got my update this morning. Looks similar except for the notifications. Using Nova launcher so maybe that is wiping out some of the UI changes?

Soldato
Soldato
My update came through yesterday.

Liking the small changes, especially to notifications.

Only issue I found was upon waking the phone up with the power button, the screen brightness would ramp up to 100% for 5-10 seconds and then return to normal.

Resolved by uninstalling Google Play Services update.

Soldato
Just smashed my screen (again) :(

Can anyone recommend a decent place in London to get it fixed please? Sounds like Motorola are a bit of a 'mare to deal with, so I would like to avoid sending it off if possible!

Or do I just write it off, given the cost...?

Cheers,

Su

Soldato
Yeah, I have no idea how I've done that... fell off a sofa arm from about 2 feet, onto a soft-ish wooden floor... must have landed on the corner or something :(

No case - apparently I didn't learn my lesson the first time :p this is the first smartphone I've ever broken though!

I would guess around £150 pounds yeah - only paid like $250 for the phone so it works out around the same, grrrrr!

Cheers,

Su

Back
Top Bottom