New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
video isnt streamed unless you cast the screen. When you use netflix for example, the app on your phone will tell the chromecast what to play and where to get it and the chromecast will go off and do it's thing.

Even with casting the screen though, you cant cast to more than one device at a time.

Associate
Hi all,

In prep for receiving my new pixel xl tomorrow which I'm planning start afresh I'm looking for some essential apps. Happy to pay for apps too as I should be getting a £50 play store voucher too.

First thing I'd like to know what is the best anti virus/ security app? I currently use avg free version.

thanks,
Michael

What about if you download a file which has a virus?

such as?

Does anyone know how to disable wifi or bluetooth from the notifications when the phone is locked on android 7.0? i swear google have been so dumb with this. on andoid 5 you had to long hold to enable, and tap would take you to settings. on 6 they fixed this, tap would enable disable quickly. on 7 it's gone to the worst style yet. if you have the notifications pulled down is the only time the icons quick disable/enable, but if the full quick settings are pulled down, you have to click the bluetooth icon, wait for the bluetooth settings to load up, then click the enable/disable button., then back back back to where you were. hate this.

Associate
the playstore isnt immune but staying clear of dodgy looking clone apps is usually enough to avoid any issues.

Thanks.

I was also going to ask for recommendations for email, calendar and notes app but then was thinking that Google provides these...
Are there much better alternatives? It's quite nice using googles apps as I can follow things up/amend notes on my computer through google also.

Soldato
I was also going to ask for recommendations for email, calendar and notes app but then was thinking that Google provides these...
Are there much better alternatives? It's quite nice using googles apps as I can follow things up/amend notes on my computer through google also.
If you've got a Pixel and stay with Google apps as much as possible. But that's probably me being OCD :p

I use Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Keep, Google Chrome, Google Play Music, Google Photos, Google Drive (paid). Can't really fault any of them to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom