4K HDR T.V for movie content and gaming

Associate
Was settling for the Samsung 55" KS7000 but head is being turned by the LG 55UH950V as it's similar price and has Dolby Vision as well which could be useful if the industry decides to ditch the open source HDR10 (unlikely due to extra license costs & proprietary tech etc) just put off by a few comments regarding banding and back light on the LG

Soldato
Both MS and Sony are using HDR10 on new and existing consoles so doubtful it will be abandoned.

Best thing is to go and have a look and play and see which you prefer. Personally I'm not a fan of curved screens.

The KS7000 is a superb tv and I'm very happy with mine but it did take three to get that way as the build quality is very hit and miss.....

Associate
Both MS and Sony are using HDR10 on new and existing consoles so doubtful it will be abandoned.

Best thing is to go and have a look and play and see which you prefer. Personally I'm not a fan of curved screens.

The KS7000 is a superb tv and I'm very happy with mine but it did take three to get that way as the build quality is very hit and miss.....
On the KS7000 in game mode do you still get to access all the picture settings etc? I've had tvs in the past where on game mode the contrast, colour settings etc are locked out

Soldato
Can any of you show or discuss comparisons/benefits of HDR with Horizon 3 / GOW 4 from XB1
Also (finally) Shadow Warrior 2 on PC (BF1 soon too supposedly) supporting HDR.

I'd like to know if HDR modes are still possible if setting custom resolution 21:9 via PC Eg 3840x1620 or 2560x1080. Please with any supported PC titles and how good the (HDR+) mimic modes are with SDR content?

If you can live with 60fps 4K Vsync and typical tv lag with even a controller or mouse its a great way surely to enjoy Microsofts AAA instead of via console (if only they add HDR to Hor3 GOW4) via eventual patches. The ability to enjoy movie/tv 4K content and play either in 1080p, 4K or custom 21:9 resolutions all on 1 screen is a nice option. Something certainly no £1000+ ultrawide gaming monitor can do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom