Shadow Warrior 2

Soldato
The maps/zones can be quite big and convoluted so I've spent up to an hour just running around poking about in the nooks n crannies.

So far it's been fun with very little that annoys me about the game which is getting rare these days.

I'm playing on a VA panel currently but I'll try the IPS monitor I have also just too see if the textures are a bit more washed out on that in comparison.

Soldato
The maps/zones can be quite big and convoluted so I've spent up to an hour just running around poking about in the nooks n crannies.

So far it's been fun with very little that annoys me about the game which is getting rare these days.

I'm playing on a VA panel currently but I'll try the IPS monitor I have also just too see if the textures are a bit more washed out on that in comparison.

I honestly think the textures are flat and the game has an overall washed out look, but I seem to be in a bit of a minority so maybe it's just me.

Soldato
I honestly think the textures are flat and the game has an overall washed out look, but I seem to be in a bit of a minority so maybe it's just me.

The textures are medium res but probably so the game runs on most systems and they are over bright in the sunny areas with plenty of fogging to hide the deficiencies I bet.

I run my monitors very dark so that's probably helping too. Not that much difference between my IPS and VA to be honest. The VA may be slightly better in the dark rainy weather but it's more ruddy than the IPS.

I don't notice the res. diff between my screens either in this game 2560x1080 vs 3440x1440 either especially once the action so again medium res. textures are probably helping.

75 FOV by the way too much fish eye above that.

Soldato
na using fov 80 just before it starts going fish eyed

used to play quake 3 with 120 fov so kinda look a wide view!

was overwhelmed by all the gems and weapons at the start

now ive just got weapon for each element and its helping a lot better on hard difficult!

Soldato
What's the tactics with weapons?

I'm liking the double swords for close combat, but undecided on range (maybe the bow?)

As for jewels and upgrades, I'm a bit confused by them all so applying pretty much anything almost at random.

Soldato
OP
What's the tactics with weapons?

I'm liking the double swords for close combat, but undecided on range (maybe the bow?)

As for jewels and upgrades, I'm a bit confused by them all so applying pretty much anything almost at random.

Powered up swords with Toxic & Ice shotguns for close with a couple of Fire & Electricity Guass rifles for range. I didnt really bother with bows, rocket or grenade launchers, pistols or machine guns but will try them as I play through insane.
For your main weapons to start with I'd suggest adding an elemental to them and then just applying as much damage as possible making sure you have a decent range of different elemental options to ensure you swap out to one that a boss isn't resistant to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm going with sticky nades then switching to explosive fire from pistols. I like to lead mobs into a turreted weapon then stealth up and mow them down with the chain saw, endless fun.

Soldato
Yeah, watched some of TB's report the other day.

Given that I like SW1, and dislike Borderlands, and loot/loadouts/progression in general, what he said crystalised what I'd been concerned about with the changes they've made for this sequel. Disappointing.

Soldato
Yeah, watched some of TB's report the other day.

Given that I like SW1, and dislike Borderlands, and loot/loadouts/progression in general, what he said crystalised what I'd been concerned about with the changes they've made for this sequel. Disappointing.

Yeah it's probably one of the worst games ever made, TB finally figured it all out. Like what? I'm not going to dissect everything TB has said but he's wrong on almost every level except for maybe a bit about the gems being not that unique or great. But then I havent bothered with them that much just slotted gems in the once and havent bothered again and have had no problem its not required to min max and constantly upgrade gems.

I havent noticed any greatly spongey enemies at least none greater than the first Shadow Warrior, which I completed a week ago. You had those shaman summoning enemies that took loads of damage and you had no indication of how many hits they took and plenty of other much more spongey ordinary enemies. Also the level design in the first was much worse with plenty of empty areas and tons of backtracking through dull corridors and copy pasted areas.

He's entitled to his opinion but they are really off base and weird, and dont seem to apply much to the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah it's probably one of the worst games ever made, TB finally figure it all out. Like what? I'm not going to dissect everything TB has said but he's wrong on almost every level except for maybe a bit about the gems being not that unique or great. But then I havent bothered with them that much just slotted gems in the once and havent bothered again and have had no problem its not required to min max and constantly upgrade gems.

I havent noticed any greatly spongey enemies at least none greater than the first Shadow Warrior, which I completed a week ago. You had those shaman summoning enemies that took loads of damage and you had no indication of how many hits they took and plenty of other much more spongey ordinary enemies. Also the level design in the first was much worse with plenty of empty areas and tons of backtracking through dull corridors and copy pasted areas.

He's entitled to his opinion but they are really of base and weird, and dont seem to apply much to the game.

Totally agree with this.

Soldato
Hey, I like using a controller sometimes, its just the first wasnt viable to play on anything but casual.

This one you can dodge quickly and aim accurately enough and even use the chi abilities well enough to play on hard so far.

Im with you, waiting to see whos going to show it running on a big 4K HDR TV and enjoying it in such a way, even with a console controller.

Sure an Ultrawide monitor with mouse will offer very low lag and higher refresh but come on, big ass screen with 4K and HDR cant be done on a puny little 34" monitor (lol). The game should also look fab on a 4K TV with 3840x1620 custom res anyways for those seeking "Ultrawide" experience, huh surely must be nice? :)

Id certainly find it easier to blow £1000 on a decent 4K TV and get HDR than a 34" gaming monitor for over 60Hz benefits but then Im not a competitive gamer. So come on whos got the toys and how good is the HDR?

Not the best example as oversaturated but gives an idea of much better shadows and contrast highlights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom