*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
Here's a question id love to know the answer to..

What is the technical reason why developers of these games (fps in general) never seem to be able to implement a system that finally gets rid of the "see just a guys forehead and somehow end up getting shot by him" routine that seems all too commonplace these days? They make all these other advances in rendering, destruction, sound etc but some of the basics like the issue above should really have been nullified many years ago.

Its one of those weird issues that seems to have mostly stuck around for years and never really been tackled in any meaningful way. The worst game for it was MOH:AA, you could literally have a slither of a player model poking around a corner and yet still end up being shot by it. Is it a geometry thing or something to do with how maps and cover work, how the camera system is positioned inside the player model, or is it just laziness? :confused: It seems to rear its head mostly in games that have a lean function, so presumably its something to do with the engine determining how much the player can see and not getting it right?

Last edited:
Soldato
since nvidia drivers, is dx12 ok now?

No idea but my 980Ti is running a lot hotter!

Anyone around for a few games today? (now?) :D

So is the game any good? better then bf4?

I dont think you can compare them like that. They play very differently and while retaining the brand, it's no better or worse. It's different. Personally?

I think it's a great story line in the campaign but I can see why it's been mentioned it can get a little boring. The multiplayer however is superb. There aren't as many painful maps, unlike BF4, apart from Suez but as it was already mentioned, it's too early to tell.

There is definitely some balancing to work on but it's not going to stop play.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't seem to find this Amazon £35 deal - am I doing something wrong or has it expired now?

Ok I've now liked the cdkeys page on facebook, but how do I get my 5% code??

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't seem to find this Amazon £35 deal - am I doing something wrong or has it expired now?

Its on there fb page but you have to do it at a pc on browser doesnt show up on phones etc from my experiance

Amazon deal was for prime members from what i can gather, are you on prime? Otherwise may have ended

Associate
I think my machine is finally in its final throws. Be it the 8Gb RAM, processor or running from a mechanical HDD, the larger conquest maps have intermittent dips to 30fps then back to 70ish.

Having fun with it at the moment regardless, but might spur a new machine.

Soldato
Its on there fb page but you have to do it at a pc on browser doesnt show up on phones etc from my experiance

Amazon deal was for prime members from what i can gather, are you on prime? Otherwise may have ended

prime deal still on "code in a box" - 39.99 plus 2 saving at checkout - 37.99

Soldato

sorry should have been more clear, its not exactly ethical, but what the hey :D

-install Prime Now app on phone, make sure you are in an area.
-if you have prime use code NOWFIVE at checkout, remove default £2 tip, £34.99, wait a couple of hours, result.

-if you have used the prime now code before or used up you prime trial use the gmail trick to open a new Amazon account and get another months trial and do the previous steps :D

*Gmail trick - Open a new Amazon account use all the same details but just put a full stop anywhere in you email address, the mail will still come to the address but Amazons storefront recognises it as a new address.

eg. original - [email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
all will go to the same gmail address of [email protected]

You can use the £5 off anything you want, pity it used to be £10 :(

Just remember if you open multiple accounts to cancel the Prime membership before the 30 day renewal!

Last edited:
Soldato
Will soon be nexus snips mate lol.

Yeah, he'll start feeling left out and will cave in...always the way!

Ordered! £36.65 with the Hellfighter DLC from CD Keys, not bad at all... now to wait for the download :rolleyes:

How are people finding the new Nvidia drivers for this?

Not bad to be honest but my 980Ti is running 10c hotter :eek:

Back
Top Bottom