Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
I have a launch day week 35 7 Plus 256GB that hisses very loudly from the rear even when idle and the screen is on. Just received my brand new week 42 replacement (new retail box) and it's 100% silent no matter what I do.

Comparing them side by side the screen on the new one is also whiter, and with both at 100% brightness the new one is a good 10% brighter as well.

Both serials start F2LS.

Don't have Apple care and Apple never asked for a card to put a hold on, they shipped a me a new retail boxed phone at their expense. They put the replacement order in about 3 weeks ago.

Very nice customer service :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
just traded my old 5s in to help towards a 7 128gb and must say its a big upgrade for me! Home button feels different though compared to what i'm used to, makes a strange click noise when pressed which i'm hoping is normal. Not sure if i should buy a tempered glass screen protector though or just keep it naked

Soldato
just traded my old 5s in to help towards a 7 128gb and must say its a big upgrade for me! Home button feels different though compared to what i'm used to, makes a strange click noise when pressed which i'm hoping is normal. Not sure if i should buy a tempered glass screen protector though or just keep it naked

The home button isn't a button. It's a pressure sensor similar to force touch, which activates the vibration motor when you press it to simulate a click.

Soldato
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a screen protector and case for an iPhone 7+ please?

Is glass better than plastic? Do either affect 3D touch? This is my first iPhone since iPhone 5 so I don't know what to expect.

Cheers,

G

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Getting annoyed with O2. Ordred a 128GB 7 Plus in black (not Jet) on the 22nd of September and I still haven't got it yet.......

Ditto, but on Three. I ordered mine on the 9th and was told it'd be available by the next week. Then after that, October the 7th, the the 14th, now they cannot give me a date and seemingly have no data on their system as to when they get any stock. And to top it off, I'm already paying for it, and £20 worth of "Three Rescue Insurance" on a device I don't own. And the customer support is shocking. As a long time Three customer I'm disgusted.

Soldato
I think I've decided on a new case for the iPhone 7 plus, looks very nice, but I was wondering if anyone has tried it?

It's the X-Dorius Defense Lux, it's like a TPU rubber case with a aluminium bumper that locks round the case.

Looks really nice.

I've read some reviews and one said that the bumper affected the GPS and phone reception very badly, but I've been looking at images of this one and the one for the 6 plus, this one clearly had cutouts for the antennas so I'm wondering if the bad reviews are a result of people buying the iPhone 6 plus variant and putting an iPhone 7 plus in it.

Would be very interested to know if anyone has tried it because it looks very protective and pretty swanky.

Thanks,

G

Associate
Grr.. I wish they would get 7+ handsets in stock.. can't believe I still can't get one.

I feel your pain. Went to the Three store again today and as per usual, we have no information on the 7 Plus or when we expect to receive it. It absolutely baffles me that they can't produce any data on when they will take delivery of it. Apparently its done on a first come, first served basis - I was literally in the store as the pricing matrix was released, so I guess I must be one of the first for that particular store to actually receive the phone. Unbelievable!

At least after four separate people replying to every single email I've sent, Three have finally disabled Three Rescue and given me £45 off my next bill as a gesture of goodwill... But I'm still paying a contract for a phone I ordered two months ago... Know it isn't their fault that stock is scarce, but they've handled this so poorly.

Soldato
Been taking some great photos in Malaysia with the 7+ camera. The portrait mode works wonders

I also love the Live Photos feature. Thought it was a gimmick at first but they're going to be great when I look back on them in a few years. Also love how it tracks my photos over the years so shows all on a global map. It's the little things :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Grr.. I wish they would get 7+ handsets in stock.. can't believe I still can't get one.

It's crazy! I'm genuinely tempted to sell mine for well over RRP just because of the demand. They are going for over £1k on eBay for the 128GB model. I could sell it for that and just buy another one for £820 and wait for it to arrive :)

Man of Honour
Also love how it tracks my photos over the years so shows all on a global map. It's the little things :)

It's great isn't it. My mate has a Samsung and he want to see some photos of our trip to Ibiza so I used the global map, he was pretty impressed. I use it all the time as it's so fast at finding stuff like that.

Man of Honour
It's crazy! I'm genuinely tempted to sell mine for well over RRP just because of the demand. They are going for over £1k on eBay for the 128GB model. I could sell it for that and just buy another one for £820 and wait for it to arrive :)

Really? Tempted to list mine in which case and live with an SE or something for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom