Medion Erazer x7841 Help!

Associate
Just recently ordered this laptop for my birthday and I've started to worry after reading a few things that the CPU will bottleneck the GPU. I don't really understand what this means, but I only really want to play games like World of Warcraft and Civ 6. I may play some other games that I cant get on PS4. Will the processor really damage my gameplay since its an older model?
Thanks for any help!!
Intel Core i5 intel core i5-6300hq quad core processor. 3.2GHz processor speed. 8GB RAM. 1TB SATA hard drive. Microsoft Windows 10. Display features:
17.3 inch screen. High definition display. Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce gtx 970m (vram 3072mb gddr5) graphics card.

Associate
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. My issue is I've already ordered this laptop. I am now worried that I am going to have issues with it?

Associate
The 6300hq will be more than fine paired with a 970m and shouldn't cause any bottlenecking.

While the i7 6700hq is faster clock for clock, it only really comes into its own in apps that support hyper threading. Assuming you aren't planning on any video encoding, editing large images, or lots of multi-tasking, the i5 will be fine for gaming at 1080p (which is the max a 970m will be good for).

Associate
OP
The 6300hq will be more than fine paired with a 970m and shouldn't cause any bottlenecking.

While the i7 6700hq is faster clock for clock, it only really comes into its own in apps that support hyper threading. Assuming you aren't planning on any video encoding, editing large images, or lots of multi-tasking, the i5 will be fine for gaming at 1080p (which is the max a 970m will be good for).

Thats great!!! I can stop freaking out now! I was getting worried since it didnt have an i7. Thanks for the reply, you've put my mind at ease :D

Back
Top Bottom