New Car for the Wife

Soldato
Why fix what is not broken? 133k in 5 years the DPF is unlikely to be clogged due to short journeys.

Nowadays there are loads of cheapish DPF cleaners to stick in the fuel system to clean them out. Even if that fails my last DPF cost me £450 fitted from a 12 year old car. I supplied an original DPF from ebay and £50 fitting.

DPF's are a pain but the law, they can be fixed or replaced at a fraction of Main dealer cost with a bit of shopping around.

Realistically it is no difference to when CAT's came out about 20 years ago. Everyone was saying remove them and remap or face a 1K bill +. DPF's are going the same way. They are here to stay and can be sorted without Stealer prices.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it silly? If the remap and egr/dpf removal return fuel efficiency gains of 5%, that's a £3 saving on a £60 fill up.

That's pretty thin. £400 to return £3 every 400 miles or so? You'd have to do a lot of miles for that to be paid off, and as a runaround it seems unlikely it'll do that kind of mileage.

Kinder on the engine is probably a moot point, the turbo or injection system is far more likely to go before the engine itself.

Associate
Seems daft to spend £400 for a small gain in performance and economy.

You could probably sell it on for a profit and buy something faster or more economical if your wife isn't happy.

Bargain for £1000

have your new employer got any other cars/jobs going?

Soldato
OP
Seems daft to spend £400 for a small gain in performance and economy.

You could probably sell it on for a profit and buy something faster or more economical if your wife isn't happy.

Bargain for £1000

have your new employer got any other cars/jobs going?

Thanks all

Wasn't really for performance gains , was just a precautionary idea Incase the dpf dies in the future.

Admittedly it won't do too many miles so I will just take it out on drive down motorway twice a month

Any ideas when the regen occurs ? I,e what revs or speed ? I've read somewhere the fuel has to be over quarter for regen to work

Back
Top Bottom