^ Armored Warfare ^

Associate
Just cannot be bothered with WOT anymore. It just feels amateurish compared to AW these days and every time I give it another go the same issues still exist. I'm not saying AW is perfect but it seems to be heading in the right direction and global ops mode definitely adds some variety and depth to the game.

Associate
Best I managed on GLOPs during yesterdays event was 2.4mil in the RCR, definitely finding I can influence things better in a TD than anything else.
Covering spawn points from a distance and getting flanking shots really helps ease the pressure on people capping. The bunkers either side of the bridge are great for covering it and also the carrier, if your team has the carrier firing onto the bridge and village cap from it is great.
In an MBT (bought the chally ATDU)I'm finding an almost total lack of support while pushing or capping and very quickly get beaten down, hence why I find the above TD role really works to help the team, also as a lot of TD's are pretty quick I can reposition to support another cap as needed.
Been an expensive few days, with buying the ATDU and T15, plus a couple of upgrade and retrofits I think I've burnt over 70mil, clawed my way back to 32m but with more upgrades and retro's on the horizon as these two go up they'll be a big dent in that, but hey you can't take it with you ;)

Soldato
Just cannot be bothered with WOT anymore. It just feels amateurish compared to AW these days and every time I give it another go the same issues still exist. I'm not saying AW is perfect but it seems to be heading in the right direction and global ops mode definitely adds some variety and depth to the game.

Yeah I gave it a go myself a month or so back. I just can't stand the gun handling after playing AW, it just comes off so hit and miss (pun intended). It is like you are controlling a stick in a bucket of treacle when aiming at a target.

Best I managed on GLOPs during yesterdays event was 2.4mil in the RCR, definitely finding I can influence things better in a TD than anything else.
Covering spawn points from a distance and getting flanking shots really helps ease the pressure on people capping. The bunkers either side of the bridge are great for covering it and also the carrier, if your team has the carrier firing onto the bridge and village cap from it is great.
In an MBT (bought the chally ATDU)I'm finding an almost total lack of support while pushing or capping and very quickly get beaten down, hence why I find the above TD role really works to help the team, also as a lot of TD's are pretty quick I can reposition to support another cap as needed.
Been an expensive few days, with buying the ATDU and T15, plus a couple of upgrade and retrofits I think I've burnt over 70mil, clawed my way back to 32m but with more upgrades and retro's on the horizon as these two go up they'll be a big dent in that, but hey you can't take it with you ;)

That is very good going in the RCR; how are you finding it anyways? What is the DPM fully kitted out vs something like the Cent 120?

Those bunkers are a god send in a TD. Last game I played in the Cent 120 I got in a great position on the middle row of bunkers where I could just fire at the MBTs on the carrier unspotted. I did 15k of damage in that game to players and wouldn't have wanted to be a MBT on the enemy team! lol. They must have hated me with a passion as I just picked them apart.

Associate
I really love the RCR, the reload is down to 4.5s and the accuracy at 0.06, the gun handling is lovely not as much punch as the Cent 120 but the quick reload and ability to be able to spin like a tracked vehicle far outweighs the extra alpha and that extra 110mm of pen lets you get more shots rather than waiting for a weaker area to be shown.
TD's and AFV's are definitely my most played vehicles, not really done that well in AFV's in GLOP's, yet to find the right way to play them.

edit, oops you asked about DPS, Cent is 7951, RCR is 7808 so not much in it over time

Soldato
I really love the RCR, the reload is down to 4.5s and the accuracy at 0.06, the gun handling is lovely not as much punch as the Cent 120 but the quick reload and ability to be able to spin like a tracked vehicle far outweighs the extra alpha and that extra 110mm of pen lets you get more shots rather than waiting for a weaker area to be shown.
TD's and AFV's are definitely my most played vehicles, not really done that well in AFV's in GLOP's, yet to find the right way to play them.

edit, oops you asked about DPS, Cent is 7951, RCR is 7808 so not much in it over time

Hmm, see I'm not convinced. The issue I'd have is in those front line defend cap, pop up take a shot, pop back down situations that can happen in GLOPs the less alpha per shot will be problematic. I guess the biggest plus for me would actually be the armour vs autocannons and in that situation also the turning on the spot. Funny enough I actually respec'd my Cent 120 for accuracy as I found medium to long range to be a little difficult when you are bottom tier and aiming more at weak spots etc. That and I was using Mk.2 retrofits in some places. Got it down to 0.05 with a slight loss of aim time which is now 3.14. It is times like this where I'd wish you could have 2 of the same vehicle and not have to spend all those credits to try out different things.

I guess things will change soon with Balance 2.0 anyways. I kinda wish I got the Cent 120 Wolf while it was on sale as they'll be moving the standard Cent 120 up a tier or 2 soon. From what I understand the Wolf versions will be staying put, with some changes no doubt or they'll be OP as all hell (like they are now lol). Still I'll stick with what I have, no point buying stuff pre-Balance 2.0 as there is no way to know what sort of changes are going to happen when it goes live.

Thanks for the info though. :)

Associate
Oh most def not worth the 9k gp, but I get these annoying urges and suddenly it's in my garage. Only mistake so far was a couple of weeks ago when I found an M60-2000 in there, that REALLY isn't worth the money, god what an awful thing.

Soldato
lol

To be honest I do find myself being a bit of a tank collector, thankfully I'm a broke tank collector so I avoid "most" of the expensive premiums just for that fact. Otherwise no doubt I'd have them all! :D

Soldato
Forgot to post this the other day but this is the OcUK battalion kicking arse and taking names in a platoon of OP AFVs in Global Operations:

kickingarseandtakingnames.jpg

A platoon of three Ramka-99s either works REALLY well or if bottom tier'd REALLY badly as we found out! Still was good fun. :)

Soldato
Thought id' take this game for a spin.

Played two games and think I will like it, however the only thing that's really getting to me is the wait to play - i've been in queue for 15 minutes now.

Is that normal for a saturday?

Soldato
At the lower tiers yes the wait times can be quite long. This is simply because it doesn't take many games to advance past these vehicles and mid to high tiers are what most people play. Keep at it though, it only gets better.

Soldato
Sorry, but almost 30 minutes just waiting to play.

Gave up :/

Also, are you trying to play PVP games, Global Ops games, or PVE games?

Appreciate waiting is frustrating, but the PVP queue for low tiers is very empty, especially now due to Global Ops being introduced.

I'd suggest playing some PVE games, get used to some of the tanks, and then once you unlock something a bit better than the really basic early tanks then there might be more players around on the server for Global Ops.

Also, where you from? Playing on the NA server or EU server?

Back
Top Bottom