Nexus 5 upgrade for around 300?

Associate
If you don't mind taking the risks ordering from china (aliexpress) then check out the chinese thread.. i had the nexus 5 and now use a xiaomi mi5.

It's a cracking phone and can be had for around £250 less any quidco cashback.

Associate
Nexus 5X can be had at a good price now, Argos are doing some decent prices on both 16GB for £199 & the 32GB for £269.

Soldato
I went from a Nexus 5 to an LG G4 and it's the best phone I've owned tbh!

I know it's not even the latest LG model but it's got a great screen, decent specs even for today and a cracking camera!

Associate
I'm in a similar situation wanting to move from my N5. I'd been waiting for the Pixel announcement but its price has removed it from consideration. I'm currently leaning towards the Moto Z Play ... its available at £329 and its mega battery looks great (my N5 struggles to get through a day now). Only slight niggle is having a Nexus with regular security upgrades + 2 Andorid updrades (came with KitKat and have had Lollipop and Marshmallow) has been great - having had a couple of Android phones before each of which received almost no upgrades over a couple years and I'm a bit loath to lose that though seems unless you pay Pixel prices then you are at the mercy of the phone manufacturer as to when/if they pass on any updates

Associate
I'm in a similar situation wanting to move from my N5. I'd been waiting for the Pixel announcement but its price has removed it from consideration. I'm currently leaning towards the Moto Z Play ... its available at £329 and its mega battery looks great (my N5 struggles to get through a day now). Only slight niggle is having a Nexus with regular security upgrades + 2 Andorid updrades (came with KitKat and have had Lollipop and Marshmallow) has been great - having had a couple of Android phones before each of which received almost no upgrades over a couple years and I'm a bit loath to lose that though seems unless you pay Pixel prices then you are at the mercy of the phone manufacturer as to when/if they pass on any updates

Motos tend to be very bloat free and vanilla so tend to get quick upgrades. Didn't some Moto in the past get a new version of Android once before some Nexus devices did?

Soldato
Just gone for a 5X after seeing the price of the Pixel.

Amazon Warehouse Deals + an additional 20% through Amazon Student brouht it in under £200. Apart from being in a Warehouse Deals box I'd never know it had been opened.

Soldato
I moved from a nexus 5 which I had from new to a one plus 3 today.

Initial thoughts, it is taking time to get used to the amoled from the LCD. Size isn't as much of an issue as I thought apart from the fact it is ridiculously thin which makes me think i will drop it. I will give it a few days before deciding on a case, which I will loath as it feels so nice.

Not sure it will put up with the abuse my 5 did though, even though it is metal it seems more fragile as I guess I am worried scuffs will show up more easily.

Any questions please shout.

Soldato
Well it's my fault but I never have the brightness up high and so after the LCD a large white background can look a bit pink on low brightness. It's not a display issue as they are fine brighter.

This is on rgb mode, btw if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom