Do you find left handed people strange?

Man of Honour
Do you find left handed people strange?

I do and I am left handed !!!

I am curious as to how normal right handed people see us or do you think we are the same as everyone else.

As to myself I think I see the world differently to most people (this does not mean I am right) and do a lot of stuff differently. Anyone from the graphics forum will know me for the number 4 and doing things to excess !!!

So what are your experiences of left handed people ?

Here is one very famous left handed person doing what a lot of us can do, using his right hand equally well (to play the guitar).

Caporegime
Ronnie O'Sullivans always been a bit odd. One thing I have found about snooker players though, is that lefties tend to have a lot more flair than right handed players. 3 that come to mind are Ronnie, Judd Trump and Jimmy White.

Must be something in it. Maybe it's to do with creativity.

Man of Honour
Can't say I notice for the most part, occasionally notice left handed people using a writing implement in a different manner to most but that is about it.

Soldato
I tend to find most lefties are much more creative people - almost genius in certain areas. However, they tend also to demonstrate dyslexic traits, including poorer numeracy, grammar and logical skills.

/controversial :p - it's just what I've seen on colleagues/mates that are lefties.

Man of Honour
OP
Ronnie O'Sullivans always been a bit odd. One thing I have found about snooker players though, is that lefties tend to have a lot more flair than right handed players. 3 that come to mind are Ronnie, Judd Trump and Jimmy White.

Must be something in it. Maybe it's to do with creativity.

Lefties are supposed to be better at seeing things in 3 dimensions, this would still apply if Ronnie O'Sullivan uses his right hand for example.

Lefties are also useless at a lot of stuff, I am speaking from experience.:D

Man of Honour
OP
I tend to find most lefties are much more creative people - almost genius in certain areas. However, they tend also to demonstrate dyslexic traits, including poorer numeracy, grammar and logical skills.

/controversial :p - it's just what I've seen on colleagues/mates that are lefties.

Numeracy and logic are not what I would say are weak points for lefties, a lot of the top IT people are left handed.:)

Soldato
Southpaw calling in! :D

Southpaws think more and are a lot more quiet, they also have terrible handwriting.

Northpaws shout the loudest, write nice and think they always right. :p

Fan them flames! :D

I am slightly ambidextrous but not with writing and my hand writing is very bad. :(

Soldato
Numeracy and logic are not what I would say are weak points for lefties, a lot of the top IT people are left handed.:)

I work with a couple of lefties, they are at the top of the game, both great at processing large amounts of information, exceptional decision making but just awful with grammar/writing/numeracy - also applying logic in technical situations. One is diagnosed dyslexic, I can't be arsed to Google it but from what I've seen dyslexia appears to be more common in lefties??

Man of Honour
OP
Peeling spuds is a killer I find! :D

Practice

But then I am 57 and have had lots of it using right handed equipment.

When I was at school doing woodwork and got tired using my left hand I found I could swop over and use my right hand equally well to get a bit of a break.

Tin openers are interesting though.:D

Man of Honour
OP
I work with a couple of lefties, they are at the top of the game, both great at processing large amounts of information, exceptional decision making but just awful with grammar/writing/numeracy - also applying logic in technical situations. One is diagnosed dyslexic, I can't be arsed to Google it but from what I've seen dyslexia appears to be more common in lefties??

I am also a bit dyslexic too.

And yes it is common in lefties.

Back
Top Bottom