GhostBrowser - Developers Dream - Multi Session

Associate
I have been using this for a bit now and absolutely love it, Allows to have multi-sessions within the same browser so logging into multiple gmail accounts is easy.

It still uses chrome under its hood so all extensions work as they should but with the additional of multi-sessions.

https://ghostbrowser.com/

Worth signing up for if you are a Web Developer.

Edit: They will be charging for the browser after beta, Did not realise prior.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm finding this reasonably useful apart from it wanting me to login to it all the time. I run on VM's and VPN's a lot and often don't have internet access. They are a bit spammy as well, something like 10 emails in less than 2 weeks.

Associate
OP
Or you could just use multiple users on Chrome?

Doesn't that just open technically "another" chrome window, Unlike this where its grouped tabs under one window.

I understand there is ways around the example situation I gave but Ghost just makes it more seamless for myself and makes things much quicker then relying on separate browser windows and or changing accounts when it decides its incorrect.

Don
Doesn't that just open technically "another" chrome window, Unlike this where its grouped tabs under one window.

It does, but it works 100% out of the box (and has for years) - it doesn't require me to sign up for anything, and I don't have to worry whether it will be updated in months to come.

I understand there is ways around the example situation I gave but Ghost just makes it more seamless for myself and makes things much quicker then relying on separate browser windows and or changing accounts when it decides its incorrect.

I prefer the separate windows, as you can apply different extensions and themes, and so can easily identify which user you are working with at a given time.

Associate
OP
It does, but it works 100% out of the box (and has for years) - it doesn't require me to sign up for anything, and I don't have to worry whether it will be updated in months to come.

I prefer the separate windows, as you can apply different extensions and themes, and so can easily identify which user you are working with at a given time.

Totally understandable, Ghost just works better for my workflow. Everyone's workflow is different and people find certain ways more comfortable :)

For me extensions would never change, and I am happy with the coloured groups to distinguish different sessions.

Soldato
I have multiple profiles for different things & feel the same.
(most are for testing things so have different extensions)
Also having a single window with 20+tabs isn't very productive :(

Is this browser aimed at people with 1 screen who don't use multiple virtual desktops ? :confused:

Seems to be solely aimed at people who want multiple sessions in a single window so guess different preference.

signed up for beta :o

only joking, will be interesting to see how they secure the sessions (eg: do they share the same extension process' ?)
ghostbrowser.com said:
Ghost Browser is built on the Chromium platform
Each Session has it’s own cookie jar and local storage
cookie jar? :rolleyes:

Also can only see screenshots of mac os :(

Soldato
From a robustness perspective I prefer to have multiple browser sessions/windows each with a profile - otherwise a problem in tabs belonging to one profile may take down the others.

Interests me that demos for the product do not recognise productivity benefits of vertical tabs in the desktop landscape scenario.
An add-on I might pay money for is a multi-column rendering of web-pages.

(Whether they give the folks who contributed to beta ‘test’ a lifetime subscription)

Back
Top Bottom