*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Soldato
OP
So the only new content for S8 is a portrait frame and a pair of wings?

Diablo needs some serious help at Blizzcon because this is a joke.

Yeah. I fully expect something though, I feel like they haven't put much effort into Diablo 3 at all, especially with a lot of key team members at Blizzard leaving or being moved to other projects. If they don't announce anything or just basically rehashing content like redoing set item bonuses again that'll be the final nail in the coffin for this game for me. At the moment all my hopes are pinned on something being announced at Blizzcon.

Soldato
i want to unlock adventure mode but coming from console dont really want to replay the main game! am i right in thinking i could get a mate to boost me through the boss at the end of each chapter, there end and it would count as me finishing it?

Leg

Leg

Associate
i want to unlock adventure mode but coming from console dont really want to replay the main game! am i right in thinking i could get a mate to boost me through the boss at the end of each chapter, there end and it would count as me finishing it?

You have to complete the main game once to the end of Act V, and then Adventure Mode will be unlocked for all new characters(season & non-season) in the future.

So it will work if you create a game and your mate boosts you through it.

Man of Honour
So all it gets is some new adventure maps, a retro 'Diablo 1 rift' and a DLC class which you have to buy..

That is honestly very disappointing.

I was really expecting a new expansion. Not just a small content patch.

Soldato
"New" Necromancer class, trailer is here
Diablo 1 being remade in Diablo 3

"Meh" for me so far in terms of Diablo news.

couple of new areas too

"Blizzard also said it would be added two new zones for free to Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls next year. They are the Shrouded Moors, and the Temple of the First Born. They'll be accessible via Adventure mode."

either way its something atleast

Soldato
So all it gets is some new adventure maps, a retro 'Diablo 1 rift' and a DLC class which you have to buy..

That is honestly very disappointing.

I was really expecting a new expansion. Not just a small content patch.

can only hope this is an attempt to tide us over while they work hard on something bigger

Soldato
OP
The game is broken at the core; even if this was a tide-over until something new it'd have to be a revamp of the game itself like Loot 2.0 was to save it and even then it'd probably be too late. Diablo 1 in Diablo 3 is nice but it's just a 16 level dungeon with I'd imagine a lot of rehashed monsters that, given the level of design on a game as old as D1, will be about as good as the cow Rift with more bosses. The new maps could be decent as Greyhollow was nice. The Necromancer doesn't interest me in the slightest as it's just the same-old on a different class and after two weeks the novelty will have gone and you'll just paragon grinding with that instead.

Path of Exile gets more than this every few months and it's free :/

Associate
Yeah I agree Teaf, tbh I was a bit gob smacked when I saw they will charge for the character as well. I just cant see a reason to buy it, I think seasons will start to wilt as well. I just dont have the time to login for each season now with the likes of WoW taking more of my time again.

Soldato
OP
Even worse? The Diablo 1 dungeon seemingly isn't always available to play. It's included with the Anniversary Patch then it's gone until next year when we get it for another month :p (source, 38:30).

Lots of screenshots here for the newer content coming. There's an equipment manager so you can save sets, also crafting materials are not stored in the inventory as items anymore and instead there's a "Crafting Materials" section of the UI. The screenshots that start at #6 are from the Diablo 1 dungeon. It seems the tiles they are using are from the Ruins of Corvus and the Halls of Agony with a grainy filter over it.

Last edited:
Associate
This feels like a stop gap. I am assuming that they are working on a new game in the background hence the half hearted nature of this update.

The news about the D1 areas being time limited is disappointing. I don't feel like I want to play D3 anymore.

Soldato
This feels like a stop gap. I am assuming that they are working on a new game in the background hence the half hearted nature of this update.

The news about the D1 areas being time limited is disappointing. I don't feel like I want to play D3 anymore.

TLDR: I'm happy to play the game and enjoy new things, but it doesn't hold my attention for long.

I like the idea of a new class, I'd like the idea of 2 or 3 new classes even more.

The game is fun in small doses, each new season (as long as stuff changes) normally opens up new builds and things to play/do, season 8 was a clone of season 7 so no real reason to play it. Season 7 was a bit of a let down for me personally due to the zero day WD nerf.

The biggest problem with the game is the loot grind, it's too easy to get to 90-95% maxed out, but find the last 5% a significantly harder grind.

Loot has no real meaning anymore after a certain point, and farming Paragon points beyond a certain point requires meta group setups, which I find the opposite of fun tbh.

There are a few QOL changes I'd like to see implemented, such as picking up crafting materials automatically, making bounties actually interesting to do (also public bounties are painful), allowing you to augment slots instead of armor so that you can swap gear without having to re-augment everything, etc.

They need to find a way to make loot relevant again. Put in loot like in D2 which was almost impossible to find, put a gold AH back in the game (with crazy high price ceilings) and let you buy/sell things for gold. At least then you can work towards that piece of loot you need by trading up to it.

Soldato
OP
Extremely.

I'm still holding out hopes for the Q&A panel giving out some more but I think if we were getting any kind of other 'major' new content they would have announced it at the opening ceremony.

Man of Honour
I saw a post on reddit that said it best. They've moved their design philosophy to games that generate income. Look how much development and attention they are giving to Overwatch, Heroes and Hearthstone. All three are rife with microtransations and generate millions for Blizzard.

For that reason alone it's clear why they no longer develop much of anything at all for SC2 and Diablo.

Soldato
Some cool features coming, such as being able to swap sets at the click of a button (hopefully that frees up stash space as well). I'll play through with the Necro and make a build for him, Diablo 1 mode sounds a bit lame.

Soldato
OP
I saw a post on reddit that said it best. They've moved their design philosophy to games that generate income. Look how much development and attention they are giving to Overwatch, Heroes and Hearthstone. All three are rife with microtransations and generate millions for Blizzard.

For that reason alone it's clear why they no longer develop much of anything at all for SC2 and Diablo.

Yeah, definitely and honestly I can completely understand that they don't want to spend money on a game that generates little to no money but the potential for Diablo to make the money is massive. They could sell: armour skins, weapon skins, custom skill effects, wings, pets, banners, stash tabs, "QOL" improvements, special rifts (like custom designed rifts you open with the obelisk), re-opening trading between characters, new classes, the list goes on and on. A lot of this would also bring more people back to the game as well which would indirectly increase profits from merchandise.

They would still have to fix the core of the game with the itemisation and Paragon but the potential is there for the game to make money however they just don't, or won't, seize the opportunity for some unknown reason(s) and it's infuriating.

Back
Top Bottom