^ Armored Warfare ^

Soldato
Assuming you are on the EU server I'm sure we can find a time where we'd have enough players to fill a team with OcUK members for PvE to get you started. Once you reach tier 5 you can play Global Ops, the queue times for that are under 30 seconds for most games.

Soldato
Brain wanted these posted, not sure why:

armoredwarfarepicture1.jpg

armoredwarfarepicture2.jpg

Soldato
Nicely done! I'm at about 8 million lol.

Although I've not used a booster, ran premium time or played a tier 10 in a while. Might be something to do with it...

Associate
I'm guessing most would already know this by now, but I thought I'd better post the news that Obsidian Entertainment has been sacked and all development for AW is now in the hands of my.com.

The reason this has happened is because mail.ru (who owns my.com) only wanted a slice of the world of tanks RU cake without getting sued by wargaming (they only wanted a world of tanks style game that world of tanks players could easily get into with it being different enough to not end up in court), but OE wanted to add a whole lot more which constantly ended up getting mothballed because mail.ru didn't want to fork out the money on features that took it away from what world of tanks is.

You can find more precise information online and on both this weeks and last weeks episodes of mingles with Jingles, but considering now barren the servers were when I started playing this last month along with this recent barn storm the server population is likely to be non existent soon probably leading to the shutdown of the EU and NA servers.

Soldato
It is a bit strange, especially as my.com have had very little to do with the game, certainly nothing to do with the actual nuts and bolts development of the game. They handled the events, server admin and while yes they are owned by mail.ru I'm guessing that its actually mail.ru under the my.com brand who will actually be handling the development. According to the below they have a decent sized dev team working on the console game.

There is an interesting article here with context: https://www.reddit.com/r/ArmoredWarfare/comments/5thjdv/armored_warfare_what_went_wrong/

Also Jingles is one of the least reliable sources of information on the whole internet lol. He tends to just spew out what ever he has recently read without checking the sources and bless his cotton socks but he always gets something completely wrong regardless of what he is talking about. I remember him talking about what he would do to solve the low server population, talking about the Lords of War mode fracturing the player base and yet that wasn't in the game at the time and hasn't been since lol.

Once balance 2.0 is released I'll give the game one more go, its possible the server populations will recover. There is no way that mail.ru will chuck away all OE's hard work on the next patch so I'm more than happy to see what the game is like once it goes live. For all of the problems and issues many of which were caused by OE, they do solid work. I just hope that mail.ru's awful history won't immediately start impacting the quality of the additional content and future patches.

I've not really fully read this article and I'm not her biggest fan but there is some interesting info here: http://www.kitsuga.com/index.php/2017/02/14/armored-warfare-staff-coming-forward-clear-information/ - How much of it actually true its hard to say but some of it does seem to gel with the previous article here: http://www.kitsuga.com/index.php/20...mycom-are-lying-to-you-about-armored-warfare/

Soldato
Yeah, it sucks big style.

So many game-breaking bugs, that I've basically abandoned playing it. Shame, but greedy Russians will greedy Russian.....

(also, they ruined the game interface while they were at it, which was a 100% unnecessary change and its about 85% hated on their forum poll)

Soldato
So anyone tried balance 2.0?

I have and it basically killed off any fun the game had left; for me at least. I think some developers fail to realise that there have to be some poorly balanced vehicles in games like this. They almost become characters and give the game that special something that helps you push through the grind and ultimately spend money. Look at World of Tanks with vehicles like the KV-2, Tog 2 and Stalin's Hammer.

I've stopped playing it and I'm getting back into World of Warships, maybe one day I'll revisit it but I'm doubtful it will be as fun as it once was...

Soldato
I have and it basically killed off any fun the game had left; for me at least. I think some developers fail to realise that there have to be some poorly balanced vehicles in games like this. They almost become characters and give the game that special something that helps you push through the grind and ultimately spend money. Look at World of Tanks with vehicles like the KV-2, Tog 2 and Stalin's Hammer.

Absolutely, or at least they need to have something "different" in the vehicle classes, which appeals. Balance 2.0 basically was the end of the 'fun' factor from autocannons, and therefore in my view ruined the BMD-4, the 3 'Terminator' class vehicles, the SPHINX and the Warrior, all of which I enjoyed immensely! (PVE and GLOPS)

The thing is, although the Termi vehicles were somewhat OP in PVE, they had their weaknesses, and more so with the smaller lighter autocannon vehichles like the SPHINX, which was probably my favourite little "angry car" - Now, it has no spotting advantage over anything else, its cannon is hopeless, and missile 1 of 2 gets deleted by APS, so DPM is pathetic as a missile boat. One hit removes around half its' health, so you either pop a full rebuild kit after 1 hit, or hope you survive a 2nd hit - most of the time you don't!

I honestly can't see the game 'making it' to the stage where they'll actually start to spend any money on advertising, because they just keep making mistakes upon mistakes and removing the fun factor from the game. :(

Soldato
Absolutely, or at least they need to have something "different" in the vehicle classes, which appeals. Balance 2.0 basically was the end of the 'fun' factor from autocannons, and therefore in my view ruined the BMD-4, the 3 'Terminator' class vehicles, the SPHINX and the Warrior, all of which I enjoyed immensely! (PVE and GLOPS)

The thing is, although the Termi vehicles were somewhat OP in PVE, they had their weaknesses, and more so with the smaller lighter autocannon vehichles like the SPHINX, which was probably my favourite little "angry car" - Now, it has no spotting advantage over anything else, its cannon is hopeless, and missile 1 of 2 gets deleted by APS, so DPM is pathetic as a missile boat. One hit removes around half its' health, so you either pop a full rebuild kit after 1 hit, or hope you survive a 2nd hit - most of the time you don't!

I honestly can't see the game 'making it' to the stage where they'll actually start to spend any money on advertising, because they just keep making mistakes upon mistakes and removing the fun factor from the game. :(

Yup, variety is key! I think in many ways they listened to the wrong part of the player base and pushed those changes through rather than addressing the proper issues with the game. It is a shame really, I always enjoyed the "idea" of a tank game like World of Tanks but not the problems of super slow progression along with where the RNG was so bad you never knew if your shell was going to hit where you aimed. In that way Armored Warfare was the perfect game for me but only while it remained fun...

In many ways World of Warships is heading in a similar direction with the proposed changes to smoke because they are focusing on listening to the players of the most overpowered class in the game, the battleship over the rest of the player base. The poor balance choices in recent patches that just scream "Russian bias" and their inability to balance new ships like the British battleships (which I was really looking forward to) and existing ships like the Japanese destroyers (which have been nerfed in to the ground). That being said there are quite distinct classes in the game so I'm sure it'll remain fun for many if they do push forward that direction.

Back
Top Bottom