RGB ambient lighting

Soldato
What are people using as ambient lighting behind the screen? I want very low fuss, nice and smooth and power off when the PC sleeps... I did use a strip of adhesive LEDs off eBay on a USB but got bored of unplugging the USB every time I wanted them to go out.

Soldato
what's the remote like on these ?

Bought a set from Amazon, but sent it back as the remote control distance was non existent ( you had to be virtually touching the strip for it to work.

Mine is fine,can use it from the other side of the room (17 feet )

Associate
oh wow.. i can't believe they are that cheap!! i got myself a set of rigid led tubes from ikea a few years ago.. i'm sure it was at least 15-20 pounds!

Soldato
OP
So everything arrived safe and well (in fact they tried to deliver yesterday but I was in bed after a night shift)

The light strip is really easy to apply, the adhesive backing seems like it's plenty strong enough to last well but gives you a couple of attempts to get them how you want. It will also go round corners nicely with no nasty kinks or peeling from the adhesive. The IR works well from across the room and the lights create a nice effect. Almost infinitely adjustable with varying brightness, flashes, fades and hues in all colours.

Overall I am impressed, the remote does feel cheap but then again-it is!

Go for it, £10 for a 5m kit is great value and I shall definitely be using more of them :)

Associate
What do these plug into? Is it just from the mains I take it? Which one of the kits did you order from that link? There are quite a few options.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom