Skyrim remastered free for pc if you own skyrim already

Soldato
Although I now own this edition, I haven't bothered installing it.

I'm running Skyrim with HD texture pack, better magic mods, better water and faces/eyes mods, a few other graphics upgrade mods, destruction magic viability mod, a higher NPC difficulty mod, some extra "other fantasy lore" mods for things like LOTR swords, and then to cap it off, Perkus Maximus mod - which really shakes up the perk tree!

Really cannot be faffed with re-setting up any of it, when my existing Skyrim is pretty damn stable. I'm just running out of 'interesting' build characters to play as now. :(

Caporegime
Using mods in the skyrim mod/tweak thread

nmaxc3.png

rXCjy70.jpg

9IhTW7m.jpg

ios3Wog.jpg

QUqsfaM.jpg

Soldato
You know it's bad when the latest CoD is much less played than a remastered game lol.

qgbWkkY.png
3Y3XFVQ.png

I think that's mostly because of the MW remaster that came with it. CoD is still very much alive, a lot of the negativity on the internet are the minority.

Soldato
Update: https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/4430/skyrim-special-edition-game-updates

For those who can't access links/on mobile:

General performance and optimization improvements
Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations
Fixed an issue with interface elements not appearing correctly on certain displays (Xbox One and PS4 only)
Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active
Updated some sound files to not use compression

Soldato
This game has sucked me in again and I'm still finding quests I never knew existed when I played the original.

Decided to do a Heavy Armor Dual Wielding Redguard and so far it's been quite fun though I'm fining he slowness of Dual Wielding to be annoying so may change to Sword and Shield.

Associate
Ive kinda given up on it now. While there is a big old world to explore, nothing you do seems to affect it outside of the current questline that you're on.

Example, i just killed the Emperor at the end of the dark brotherhood line. The emperor. The outcome of it? nothing. Empire NPC's make no mention of his death whatsoever, the land carries on as if nothing has happened.

The battle for Whiterun for the Stormcloak line. I just waded through there killing everyone i could see, the jarl surrendered and was deposed. I start the game the next day and the same old guy is on the throne, no mention at all of what happened if i try and speak to npc's, the town looks the same.

It just feels so disconnected to me. Events like this should have lasting repercussions but we get nothing.

Soldato
That sounds bugged to me, when I've done the Battle for Whiterun quest in the past, Balgruuf is replaced by Vignar Gray-Mane and some of the buildings show definite signs of damage.

Associate
Empire NPC's make no mention of his death whatsoever

I had a guard in Solitude comment about how if the Dark Brotherhood could kill the emperor how can anyone feel safe?
And I had someone in Riften start to say how I looked liked the person said to have brought back the Dark Brotherhood before she backtracked and said forget I ever said that. Both in the half hour after I finished the DB storyline.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom