DON'T BUY MSI THEY MIS-SOLD TOP SPEC GT SERIES LAPTOPS with MXM Graphics

Soldato
So long as you copy the mod wire the 1070 at least should be compatible in any notebook it fits in as proven in this video with an MSI barebone (precursor to the GT62):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYzZP9KwRzc

So you guys have an upgrade route, MSI just have chosen not to officially support it.

Remember the 1080 is a no due to the different design that GDDR5x demands but the 1070 should be a nice upgrade over any previous gen card.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OHulQs7.png

So that's twice MSI told me that they would contact me with an offer last week.

Anyone want to guess if they contacted me?

Associate
OHulQs7.png

So that's twice MSI told me that they would contact me with an offer last week.

Anyone want to guess if they contacted me?

I know it's not the service people that are delaying this just conveying the message from HQ, I wonder if HQ have seen this thread or the Facebook messages or don't they care???

From the customers point of view it appears they just don't care, we were told on this thread there should be a plan weeks ago, but it appears unless your American you can wait and suck it!

Associate
OP
From the customers point of view it appears they just don't care, we were told on this thread there should be a plan weeks ago, but it appears unless your American you can wait and suck it!

Even those in the US are in a similar position: After the offer MSI USA made they were insulted also (see posts above) and they are now waiting on MSI USA to consider the feedback from the community and make a further offer.

@MSI, you make great gear, why do you not have the customer service to back it up? You need to accept you messed up and the fix is going to cost you because if you don't, the customers you expect to cover the cost of your mess will abandon you whilst telling as many others as possible.

This thread near 7,000 views, NBR thread nearly 150,000 views. How many of those viewers are potential customers? Look at the responses here where people (some members here for 10 years+) have posted they will no longer consider MSI.

"And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Associate
OP
XT7FwOI.png

I wonder how long the statement from HQ will take, after all we know how MSI likes to set time limits upon us, their customers.

Soldato
STILL Waiting? WOW This has been going on for over 2 months now.

Ah.. the "We are waiting on an official statement from HQ about this" line... Where are they? Another dimension? Up a mountain in Tibet that has no comms, no internet and is only accessible by a mountain pass that is only traversable able for a small window each year?

We are living in a world of great technology where it doesn't take more than a couple of days to get an answer to pretty much anything, it DOES NOT TAKE 2 months to get an official statement from anywhere on the planet.

Associate
OP
STILL Waiting? WOW This has been going on for over 2 months now.

Ah.. the "We are waiting on an official statement from HQ about this" line... Where are they? Another dimension? Up a mountain in Tibet that has no comms, no internet and is only accessible by a mountain pass that is only traversable able for a small window each year?

We are living in a world of great technology where it doesn't take more than a couple of days to get an answer to pretty much anything, it DOES NOT TAKE 2 months to get an official statement from anywhere on the planet.

It's even worse when the company involved makes high end tech. :(

Associate
I had similar experience with MSI as people in this thread are having, I bought a gtx 1080 laptop (gt73vr) and it had problems from day one, screeching fans and overheating. their tech support is the worst. Broken English and they linked me google map to find the rma centre. sack that.

MSI loki was helpful though but I decided to just return it and bought an EVGA sc 17 instead whilst not as powerful but much more pleasant to use

Associate
OP
I would avoid the msi tbh. try the new gigabyte aorus out it looks good.

That doesn't help with MSI GT laptops that we cannot upgrade :(

I agree, in this day and age a business decision like this should not take more than a couple of days a week max NOT 2 1/2 months and STILL no answer.

MSI emailed me on the 17th October advising that "We will contact HQ and find out how they wish to handle this. I will let you know their decision."

25 days!! and still no update.

This is ridiculous.

Edit:

My latest email from MSI UK:

Dear Andy

Apologies for the delay in updating you recently. The solution is still being worked and we would hope to offer a solution in the very near future. We fully appreciate that you want a resolution to this situation. Being perfectly honest, we will give an update once we are in a position to do so. At the moment there is no update to offer so anything we would say would be of little to no value to your specific situation.

Having spoke to ** and HQ this morning, our HQ will be issuing a global press release in the near future which will detail our offer to the community.

Kind Regards

/me still has longer to wait :(

Soldato
I've ordered an MSI laptop - don't hate me.

If I had an interest in ever upgrading in the parts I would be furious (like you) but since I don't - I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom