*** FM17 thread ***

Soldato
I've started a new save for the full release: two managers, one at RB Leipzig the other starting unemployed with a semi-pro reputation. Leipzig have a promising young squad and if I can keep them up this year and hold on to players like Werner and Keita it should be an interesting save.

My unemployed guy has taken a job at the mighty Kotkan Työväen Palloilijat of the Finnish second division.

Caporegime
All versions I think. I would ditch the save and start over. Basically what happened to me is I had the brexit, but it was a soft brexit, which implied nothing changed with the work permits. But it didn't work that way due to the bug. So I had to apply for permits for every Euro player no matter where they were from. It was an absolute nightmare. I had to rely on British players past their prime, until it got ridiculous. I couldn't get anywhere due to my position in the league and the fact I was always insecure financially. God help us all if this happens in reality.

I'm pretty sure this was Miles's agenda.

Associate
If I have issues with brexit, I will move myself to the continent and laugh st the decline of the prem. pretty invested with my Brentford journey and starting again seems painful to me

Associate
I'm still on FM12, more hours on it then I care to share! I'm thinking about getting this, is the media any better and does the morale of the players play too much of a role like in 15 and 16

Soldato
All versions I think. I would ditch the save and start over. Basically what happened to me is I had the brexit, but it was a soft brexit, which implied nothing changed with the work permits. But it didn't work that way due to the bug. So I had to apply for permits for every Euro player no matter where they were from. It was an absolute nightmare. I had to rely on British players past their prime, until it got ridiculous. I couldn't get anywhere due to my position in the league and the fact I was always insecure financially. God help us all if this happens in reality.

Thanks - I think I found your thread on the SI forums. It seems that until the Brexit moment has happened in the game, then the update will have an impact, whereas if Brexit has already been announced then the save is essentially corrupted. by total coincidence, my Brexit announcement happened the very next day after I reloaded my save following the full game update :eek:

I actually reloaded an automatic back-up save from a few weeks beforehand to see if the Brexit announcement was hard-wired into my save's DNA - there's been some discussion as to whether Brexit is decided upon from the very moment a save is created, or whether it is randomly delivered throughout the save. I replayed those few weeks from the auto-save and Brexit wasn't announced. Interesting :)

I stayed up in the Premiership by the skin of my teeth, and have now set about building a mid-table team. Signed Lasagna, and have got a excellent loanees in. I, being the **** I am, committed all of my wage budget to certain unlikely signings, and then when the chance came to sign an incredible Wonderkid I missed out on him. Blurgh. Signed Ante Coric on a free, got a good inside forward coming in. My midfield pair of Wilshere and Kouyate look to be doing the business. Struggling to find a decent keeper and right winger.

Played this far too much over the weekend :D

Man of Honour
Apparently you can edit Brexit to happen much later in the game, but you need to be competent with the FM17 Editor, which I am not. Some folk have got Brexit to appear about 40 years into a test save which I find quite amusing :D

So I presume your Brexit hasn't overly effected things? When did it occur out of interest? I started a new save as Peterborough, and I'm trying to find as many affordable youth players as I can early just in case it goes pete tong. I don't know what happens exacltly should you suffer a hard Brexit, presumably if you are in the Premiership you can still get young players because you can send them to feeders for permits. Admittedly you'll have to wait a couple of seasons minimum, but it's better than not being able to find any players at all.

Soldato
Apparently you can edit Brexit to happen much later in the game, but you need to be competent with the FM17 Editor, which I am not. Some folk have got Brexit to appear about 40 years into a test save which I find quite amusing :D

So I presume your Brexit hasn't overly effected things? When did it occur out of interest? I started a new save as Peterborough, and I'm trying to find as many affordable youth players as I can early just in case it goes pete tong. I don't know what happens exacltly should you suffer a hard Brexit, presumably if you are in the Premiership you can still get young players because you can send them to feeders for permits. Admittedly you'll have to wait a couple of seasons minimum, but it's better than not being able to find any players at all.

I saw that there was a way to structure things differently in the editor, but it's in part of the editor I don't know too well.

Honestly, since I reloaded the save I haven't received a notification on Brexit again. As mentioned, It originally happened the very next day after my save, but with the reload I've not seen a trace of it since. This might be down to my quick scrolling and that I've simply missed it, but I can't find if it's permanently mentioned or highlighted anywhere in the UI.

One thing I have found annoying is that the general work permit approval system (pre-Brexit) seems overly strict regarding non-EU players, and also my scouts get it wrong most of the time. A few WP approvals I thought very likely to go through - non-EU players signed from other Premier League clubs being denied. Also, my scouts seem to reckon virtually every player will receive a WP but hardly any do. I tried to sign a young but excellent Argentinian goalkeeper - fee north of £10m! - and he got rejected! Blurgh.

Man of Honour
I've not even tried Touch yet! Spending too long on this.

I've had one player rejected in my last save who was supposed to receive a permit. His report said he would 'probably' get a permit upon appeal. So maybe they have actually tightened the process up a bit. I have noticed that actually - they have sorted quite a few niggles out from old versions. A lot of the things actually work now, which is obviously a good thing. I remember SI saying in the past that permits still might be refused even if there is a chance an appeal would be accepted. But I would be surprised if lots are being refused. I would post it in the bug forum just in case you've stumbled upon something.

Soldato
Signed a wonderful looking RB from under the noses of Barcelona on my Southen United save. I offered him £60,000 a week with a 40% annual increase! Hoping to have a good run in this season and then offer him a new contract in a years' time without the increase clause.

Beat Hull 8-1 just now. They were 20th in the league and Lasgna scored 5 - I'm having very mixed results at present, either smashing teams or getting smashed myself. Bloody annoying and rarely draw a game.

Soldato
Take it everyone is too busy playing the game to write a post :)

I'm really enjoying this years release. Finished second with Spurs in my first season, and my god Harry Kane partnered with Lacazette is just incredible. Over 50 goals between them in all comps.

Apparently though, a few of my players are now bored with training my main tactic? Never seen that before.

Soldato
Oliver Burke looks to be some talent on FM I bought him on my Man Utd save

Gutted when Forest sold him, he could be a beast if he keeps growing like he has the last couple of years.

Is there a sell on clause for him in the game BTW, rumours are in real life there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom