OMG, I live in a country full of stupid people.... (Trump may win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
As I said with Brexit, people need to calm down, take a breath and stop the doom mongering. Yes it's a sea change in politics and sentiment, but that's all it is right now. It's not WW3 (yet) and we got over WW1 and WW2 in time and they were MUCH MUCH bigger world issues than a couple of localised votes.

Perspective people.

fez

fez

Caporegime
A billionaire and now the most powerful man in the world. If he is thick, what does that make you and I? Amoebae?

Its entirely meaningless. He isn't a self made man and no one gets to the top without a team behind them. Hitler by all accounts wasn't a particularly bright man yet he managed to nearly bring the whole of Europe to its knees.

I think a lot of americans (and I agree to an extent) didn't like the feeling that Clinton gave off. Who do you trust more, the guy boasting about how he will score ten goals in the football match or the person smiling at the cameras fixing the games behind the scenes.

One of them you know is a brash idiot who probably doesn't believe their own BS and the other is an underhand scheming so and so who could be up to anything.

The general population are also very insular about their fears and feelings because if they have the "wrong" opinion they will be abused and thought stupid. There are always a lot of people who are happy to be vocal and stand by whatever stupid opinion they may hold but the ones you need to pay attention to are the ones saying nothing at all.

Permabanned
you know what its people like this who cant see it coming. i said months ago he would win.its also people like this who cant see brexit.

its no shock to me.people want change everyone is sick to death of some silly guy or women in charge doing nothing.

generally most things get worse people are tired of it happening.hillary offered nothing.she would have just done a obama sit and drink coffee till the next president.

now you have a guy who speaks his mind and they are the people who actually get stuff done.he may say some bad stuff but sorry when you trying to get things done things get said which may not be right. yep he messed up sometimes but....he knows how to make business he has ideas and i do genuinley feel he will make america better.

change is scary and people often spout doom and gloom.thing is america wanted it.they got it. time to move on.

blah blah global this he knows a thing or two about making money. he is hardly a failure. the majority of media been against him from the start yet hes still won quite convincingly. so it just shows you hes not a idiot that the media wants you to accept.

also the fact hes going to shake up those comfy people doing nothing in high places is whats got a lot scared. GOOD !

you need people like that for progress.

Congress still exists, nothing will change, Americans elected a ****. Presidents are not as powerful as they are made out.

Soldato
First Brexit and now the election that shook the world. Such interesting and stormy times ahead.

Im glad he won,Changes are needed..people no longer want to put up with the political elite who think they know best all the time.

Its time for the ordinary people to have some say now.

Man of Honour

good god no, its time for fact based governing. not a popular vote. popular vote isnt a way to run anything at all. which is why direct democracy isn't used.

and trump is even further from fact than clinton. the list of sciences he denies is mind boggling.

trouble is people wnat change, the chance of change happening is pretty much zero, all they've done is screw them self in hope of change which wont come. Just like us on brexit,

Last edited:
Man of Honour
While I think it's sad these were the best 2 candidates the US could put forward, I do prefer Trump over Clinton, she's a typical corrupt politician. Trump is something different (not all good, but I think he'll do OK).

Interesting times ahead!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Im glad he won,Changes are needed..people no longer want to put up with the political elite who think they know best all the time.

I'm sorry but the ordinary man doesn't have a clue about 99% of the things that influence policy, decisions and why things are done.

Its great to believe that its all a old boys club keeping each other rich but its not that simple. There is a reason we don't let John the local mechanic have a go at building our bridges or running the NHS. He would make a mess of it.

The world is not a perfect and simple place. This is why issues like poverty are still an issue. Why education isn't getting better etc

Caporegime
Soldato
The sweet sweet taste of liberal tears are yummy :D

A bunch of has-been celebs threatening to leave the US, yeah right that's not going to happen!

2017 is going to be great year for politics

fez

fez

Caporegime
The sweet sweet taste of liberal tears are yummy :D

A bunch of has-been celebs threatening to leave the US, yeah right that's not going to happen!

2017 is going to be great year for politics

The one thing that is almost universal amongst humans is that we are hypocritical. They won't leave America, they won't give most of their fortune to starving kids in Africa after appearing on a begging advert asking the average person to give their money away.

Associate

Out with the political elite. In with the corporate elite. Change you can believe in.

Associate
I know it's been said, but... at least with Trump screwing up the US and the Dollar tanking our electronics prices will go down!
America is going to be diminished on the world stage as a result of this. It will be interesting to see if other countries (China, EU, Russia etc) rush in and try and wield a bit more power.

Soldato
I know it's been said, but... at least with Trump screwing up the US and the Dollar tanking our electronics prices will go down!
America is going to be diminished on the world stage as a result of this. It will be interesting to see if other countries (China, EU, Russia etc) rush in and try and wield a bit more power.

Trump as president won't **** USA over anywhere near as Brexit will for the UK.

Don't count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom