Glasgow - Spec me somewhere to stay - March 17

Associate
I'm at the SECC Glasgow the last week of March 2017.

I don't really want to stay close to the venue as they tend to be soulless so I'm looking for somewhere 3-4 star in the city.

Any pointers gratefully appreciated.

Best regards
Fru.

Associate
The Jury's Inn is a good hotel (stayed there on the night of my mates stag do) it was a good price, a nice hotel, pretty central and not too far from the SECC. Only downside was the rooms on the back of the hotel overlook the rail lines entering/exiting Glasgow central station but the windows were pretty good at insulating any noise.

Soldato
Dakota Deluxe in the city centre is very nice. Good location as well, a couple of streets over from the main drag but the hotel area is very quiet. The restaurant is fantastic as well.

Is the Jury's Inn the same as in the Jury's Inn in Nottingham? Didn't realise it was a chain if that was the case.

Probably off-topic, but date caught my eye too (17 March 17) as that's the night that Belle 17 premiers with Hermione / Emma Watson :)

mLkjXNz.jpg

Soldato
Blythswood
The Abode
The marks
Hotel du vin (bit further into the west end)

Only listing those for you to look up as they are the only places i've stated in Glasgow. Other than travel lodges and citizen m but you really dont want to stay in those. :p

Edit: looks like the marks was bought over by apex, ive stayed in the edinburgh hotels and they arent bad but it looks like you want something a bit more extravagant anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Village hotels are decent but you're planked a bit out the way of the central stuff unless you're literally staying the night then going to the SECC

Blythswood is a nice hotel if you can get a reasonable rate. The Marriott and crown Plaza are both feeling their age but you know what you're going to get. Hilton city centre not great, west end much better.

Personally I'd just stay in the Holiday Inn or a Premier inn rather than Jury's but they're all much of a muchness really

Soldato
The Premier Inn at Charring Cross has a cracking strip club right outside the doors. Last time I stayed it was £4 for a double whiskey and coke too (this was a good while ago).

Soldato
Whatever you do don't stay in St Enoch Hotel on Howard Street. Big mistake, filthy filthy place.

Or Ibis Budget, it was like sleeping on an ironing board on a hospital corridor.

Back
Top Bottom