Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
I'm always on wired ethernet and I already tried all those tests. Same thing. On the bright side, Upload rate is at full speed. :p

I should've been more specific, the 2 days is because I'm still on the fault troubleshooting period that PN are doing on their end.

maj

maj

Soldato
Well my 80/20 didn't last long. Tonight it felt really slow so I did a speed test and got 46 up and 20 down which is nearly half my estimated speed. Not happy. Currently sat in queue position 17. Oh what fun!

maj

maj

Soldato
Yeah I know just if there's problems this early on after waiting 3 weeks then it's a worry for further down the line.

They've confirmed there's a problem on my line and have estimated it to be fixed by the 11th so will wait and see. Hopefully just a teething problem.

How do I check if IP profile is on high end on the BT speed test? I did the test and just got my upload and download speed.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
You need to do the speedtest via a wired connection, not via WiFi on your phone. Or rather that's what they'll tell you. :)

Soldato
You need to do the speedtest via a wired connection, not via WiFi on your phone. Or rather that's what they'll tell you. :)

I always get results on my phone two floors above my router that match what I can get over Ethernet, yet the results are a fair bit worse on my laptop which is 2 metres from the router (and both have 802.11ac network adapters in them).

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm sure you do, and so do I, but if you're troubleshooting speed issues your ISP will expect you to test over ethernet. Its just the way it is.

As someone who is going though the same issues with PN at the moment I am talking from first hand experience. ;)

maj

maj

Soldato

True but don't having a working computer at the moment as SSD died. Then I have to my build my desk. It's all fun and games but I'll get there in the end :)

Associate
any recommendations for a wireless router to replace the one plusnet offer? Find we often get wifi disconnects with the one they supplied and looking for something with a few more features.

Soldato
I'm sure you do, and so do I, but if you're troubleshooting speed issues your ISP will expect you to test over ethernet. Its just the way it is.

As someone who is going though the same issues with PN at the moment I am talking from first hand experience. ;)
Agreed, just thought it was weird. :p

Soldato
any recommendations for a wireless router to replace the one plusnet offer? Find we often get wifi disconnects with the one they supplied and looking for something with a few more features.
Always recommend the TP-Link VR900. Solid as a rock but annoyingly does lack a couple of features that I'd expect on a £100+ router.

Soldato
I guess my connection finally got fixed? :eek:

5792897649.png

maj

maj

Soldato
Mine's still faulty.

5793891111.png
still better than the 1mb I got mid-week though!

Been told I'll receive an update within 72 hours. Will wait and see...

Back
Top Bottom